1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple Attacks Roil Paris; President Hollande Is Evacuated From Stadium

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:eek:

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Note that it is the avowed strategy of Islamic terror to generate a crackdown in France inorder to radicalise French muslims.
    <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ParisAttacks?src=hash">#ParisAttacks</a></p>&mdash; WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) <a href="https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/665330362516643840">November 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

take this however you will, but I'm trying to be as genuine as possible here. You can ignore me if you like too.

I think we've reached a surprising happy spot in our last interactions. I remember way back when we had random fights in the forum and part of that was, I'll admit, my immaturity at the time. Even now, I'm not perfect, or even good sometimes.

It was never really about the arguments at hand. It got personal and out of hand for no good reason.

I'd like to think I've grown out of that though: I'd like to apologize for the visceral response your first reply to me in this thread prompted out of me. You can think I'm lying but I want to tell you there are people I care about that I've been checking up on. It's put me in a weird spot. It still doesn't justify me telling you to f**k off which is why I'm apologizing now, but I hope you understand (I understood your reply a lot better as well when you told me about your friends).

You saying this quote above makes me think of one reason why we have many disagreements: I have a very good Muslim friend from Afghanistan. She doesn't wear the niqab, and she lets her hair flow freely. She still doesn't eat pork or drink alcohol though, but she's still a joy to be with regardless of that. Nevertheless, she's quite vocal about being Muslim.

Every time I think of threads like this, I think of the fact that she has to put up with 1) bigotry in her adopted country 2) threats of violence from her "own people" 3) the destruction of her home country. She's never said this to me but I feel like she's a woman stuck between two countries, home in none, all for trying to be who she wants to be without harming anybody.

Anecdotally, she's only one data point, but I think there must be many people in her situation and it really pains me to consider it, especially given our close personal bond. Combined with my maybe extreme fear of violence, I recoil any time it sounds like people are on the warpath.

You can judge the merits of that argument but I am telling you where it comes from.

Anyways, it sounds like we share the same goals, just not the same way to get there. So, I want to, very honestly, bury whatever hatchet we have, or failing that, at least let us respect each others spaces, or failing that, avoid us fighting like idiots for no reason.

This probably doesn't belong in this thread, and I apologize for that, but I really wanted to put it out there before the moment left us. I sincerely hope we can at least understand one another if we can't progress to respecting each other.

4 people like this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Ugh, RIP to all those innocent lives and hope those injured recover. Awful, tragic terrorist attack.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Honestly makes you sick - killing people, why? These fools want the entire world to burn.....can't let these bums win.

DD

6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

and obummer wants to bring 100,000 of them here to america

islam the religion of peace

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dont forget to name the original source from which all of those groups got their training in urban combat

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Quran & Hadith...

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terrorist objective achieved with this guy. Hate is their currency and spreading it along with fear their goal.

So long as people connect Islam with evil we're not going to get very far.

Military action is needed. ISIS has to be fought at this stage, but fought decisively and with a real coalition - one with major forces from Russia, France, the US, and Arab countries...as well as N. African and S. Asian. China must be involved. Every single country should see ISIS as a scourge to be dismantled militarily, economically, and politically. Complete and utter end to that organization.

But people who conflate this with all Muslims are making a grave error, and thinking that military action alone will solve this crisis is naive as well. Islamic culture needs reformation, and that isn't going to happen without a lot of work and effort and building bridges.

The west has yet to empower the right muslims. And that's a shame.

1 person likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cycle perpetuated.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You just need to differ between refugees and those attacking son of guns

and a better working intelligence system to find out.....

France still does not know the true identity of the attackers only that might be muslims

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Soooo....do you think The Eagles of Death Metal will be playing in Belgium on the 15th or nah?

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Who's "them"?

Because I'm pretty sure Obama isn't planning on bringing 100,000 radical terrorists over. I agree that Islam is a problem (like every religion, just to a lesser extent) but that isn't fair to the innocent people who have been stuck in the middle of this radical terrorism warzone.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To make matters even worse, The Deftones were supposed to play there the next 3 nights, and have had to cancel. Pretty much a bummer for everyone.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Their life sucks. They want to die. Only thing that gives their life meaning is inflicting pain on others.... But all around good guys.

16. Nook

Nook Member

No.

You MUST meet this threat with violence.

France and especially Germany need to expect their governments to protect THEIR citizens and their allies, not foreigners or refugees. While many of the refugees are not supporters of terrorism, their needs and interests come secondary for the governments of France and Germany. I understand German history, and I am not saying to not be humanitarian or not spend money to help refugees, but do not let these people into your borders when it puts the citizens at risk.

I think you are seeing Europe being hit more than the USA because of proximity and because of the unbelievable tracking/monitoring system in the USA and the amount of money poured into prevention.

This isn't a small problem.

1 person likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

No, you be extremely selective which refugees you let in or you do not let them in at all. You can provide funding/aid without letting them in your borders.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8 extremists are dead; death toll to 153 now

19. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Was the attack done by ISIS or local extremists?

20. malakas

malakas Member

I just found about it now. Wow. I can't believe it.