1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are in serious trouble.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MambaJoe, Nov 12, 2015.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

James Harden as great of a talent as he is, the thing that will prevent him from being one of the great players in the league is his will. With James Harden, the question is, does he even want to win a championship?

I hate to even think about it but I have a feeling that James Harden cares more about the celebrity status and fortunes over winning a championship. James Harden is incredibly lucky to have an organization like the Rockets. He plays for a smart organization that will do everything in their power to give this team a chance to win.

If you look at JJ Watt, you feel for him greatly. You see a superstar in JJ Watt who only cares about winning and what he can do to be an even better football player. But JJ Watt plays for a bad organization. Watt doesn't have the luxuries that James Harden has. Which is really unfortunate.

At the end of the day, this team will go as far as James Harden takes them. Because of how much this team relies on a player like James, it truly worries me. I know its still early in the season, but you can starting to see a trend with James Harden. The effort is nonexistent at times. If his shots aren't falling, he doesn't seem to care to do much else.

I know many will probably disagree with me on this but if the Rockets are just barely over .500 this year and continues to be inconsistent, there SHOULD be a major change in this team. This team will never be in the same class as the elite teams in the NBA. If the Rockets were to win a championship one day, it won't be James Harden that lead the way. I hope he proves me wrong but at this point, I highly doubt it.

2. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I had to stop reading after that last line. So we're doing this again? One loss after 4 wins in a row and we're going to start bashing Harden and questioning his will to win?

Ridiculous.

3. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Requesting ban.

4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

So ...during that 4 game win streak he puts up

Then you have last nights game where no one played any defense or wanted to rebound except D-12, also you have a Rookie stuck on the bench who does nothing but rebound and defend.....but somehow mchale forgets he's there and you make a Harden thread? Wait? what about the 4 game streak and Western Conference player of the week?? Did we imagine that?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is reminding me more and more of TMac every day - a wonderfully gifted offensive player - who seems more interested in fame, than championships.

I hope I am wrong, but that is what it is starting to resemble.

DD

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

People questioned LeBron's will before he won a championship.

People questioned Steph Curry as the leader of the team before they won a championship.

James Harden JUST turned 26. He has already led an injury decimated team to the second seed in a talent-heavy Western Conference. He won the SouthBest Division almost single handed. He has led the team to the Western Conference Finals after his 4th year as a Rocket. Harden has improved each and every year and with it was the Rocket's record and their distance farther and farther into their pursuit for a championship. Dude isn't done. He isn't satisfied. He wants to win and he is absolutely are best hope of hosting the Larry O'Brien trophy in Houston.

7. ibm

ibm Member

what rule does the op violate that you think he'd be banned? i dont understand.

that said, i am not sure its really worth a separate thread, becoz there have been many similar ones already.

technically, harden's game has its own flaws. but that's not the topic here. if he cares about winning a championship, we fans have no ways to know for certain. we can only assume he does, becoz it's just natural (at least i'd think) for most pro players. but when the going gets tough, he does sometimes seem to give up. so the doubt if he has enough drive or a champion's heart is legit, imo. time will tell.

however, in my mind, even if harden or any pro baller cares about celebrity status or money more than winning a title, it's ok. its not like a cardinal sin. after all, it's we fans who keep watching the games and put our $$ in it and that resulted in a bunch of overpaid athletes. and i am not just talking about the nba here.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Damn!!!!

Shaking my Head.....

But starting to agree with you..

Not because of this one loss.. But from the last 7 to 8 games...

Also, is it me or does there seem to be some sort of rift with James and Marcus...

I've been noticing that James will not pass the ball to Marcus... Could just be me...

T_Man

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't even understand these types of comments.

Nothing suggests that T-Mac ever cared more about fame than basketball. Nothing at all.

Nothing suggests Harden does not care about winning a championship. I think Harden is interested in fame to some extent. A lot of NBA players are now though, so that's not really too much of a knock on Harden.

Those types of comments are best reserved for the Carmelo types.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is just an observation - he could BURN to win, but it doesn't look like that to me.

DD

11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

You guys are giving Harden to much crap. What did he have to do with us losing last night? He may not have the Kobe will to win personality, but he does work hard and give it his all. He is even improving on defense year after year.

Don't blame him because our schemes defensively is flat out not working! Dwight is not the Orlando Dwight anymore. He can't make up for the other 4 bad possessions on defense at the level he could back in his Orlando days and + that team had better perimeter defenders (Lee and Pietrus) then we do.

For the people that think Harden cares more about fame then winning, lets just wait a couple of years and watch him spurn us for LA to grow his brand and grow with the Kardashians.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As a professional athlete, fame comes when you take the leap into elite status and that's what happened to Harden last season. Is he seeking out fame, to be on TMZ, or get $200 million shoe endorsement contracts? No, that came with being the MVP-runner up and getting to the WCF. To compare Harden and McGrady knowing those two facts is an exercise of being clueless.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

james harden needs a heart transplant from t-mac.

14. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

The problem with this team is not harden or Howard.... Look at their stat lines and tell me they aren't trying....

You got Ty Lawson who isn't integrated and is not looking great, you've got Terrence jones who has got to be setting a new record for being blocked per field goal attempt, Corey brewer shooting even worse than he was last year, which was already horrible.

And a coach that keeps playing those two junk players constantly over people who are going to actually put some effort out.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Fair enough. If nothing else, Harden needs to work on consistency at least.

This has been a long term problem for him. When refs don't call fouls he becomes disinterested among other things.

16. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

This..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PofsN2LgH0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Totally wrong

The unathletic, over-rated loser JJ Fatt is the reason that the fake sport egg ball playing Texans suck. He is a born loser. Missing playoffs year after year and has won nothing in his life. JJ Fatt plays for a bad organization because this hack has made them a bad organization

James Harden OTOH is the reason why Rockets are even being talked about. He has put the Rockets on the map and is the reason Rockets are achieving whatever wins and success they do. He is also a born winner having taken Rockets to playoffs every year and won a gold medal. He is no Steph Curry but he is way better than JJ Fatt.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly both Harden and Howard remind me a bit of TMac.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In that all 3 elevate their game in the post season? I agree.

20. Tyler Hyellie

Tyler Hyellie Member

No they're not.