1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Questions and answers with Rockets GM Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 11, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-rockets/post/_/id/1341/a-q-and-a-with-daryl-morey

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

apparently morey thinks clint is 22

3. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

he's going to be real excited when he finds out Capela's even younger.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Not surprised at all,

Morey knows exactly what he is talking about, because he signed Dikembe Mutombo before.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I just found out Clint's middle name is N'Dumba while searching for his actual age. I was thinking 20, not 21(he's 21). Hopefully it's not like a dual personality thing that we have yet to see. So far he's been a high IQ player, but Dumba hasn't played yet. It's been all Clint so far.

Not sure what you're implying, but you know Capela is Swiss, right? I think they keep good records being big watch people and all.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I feel like the issue with Dwight is, they're simply trying to manage his issues with his biomechanics, so they don't divert too much into a "red zone" where his back starts to act up. I've mentioned before how it's hard to correct it all, without taking a lot of time to kind of strip him down to the basics and also get away from basketball....so the only option is to keep doing corrective work to keep it in check. When he plays back to back, they probably can't squeeze in too much corrective work in between those two games because they need keep him fresh for the game. That may be what makes him feel bad after playing back to backs. He starts to deviate into that red zone. Playing one game at a time, they can correct some stuff during the days after and have time to prepare him for another game.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Considering all of Dwight's ailments that don't just go away, I am really impressed with his performance. These doctors deserve raises. Honestly, if you told me my 20 million dollar a year player was going to have knee and back problems that could never fully heal, I'd tell you I burned 20 million every year I have him. But these guys have Dwight knocking out game after game with solid performances if it's not back to back. Kudos.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

taking a crack at Rick!

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"Is there a timetable on Donatas Motiejunas' return?

Morey: No -- I think again, the doctors are taking the lead there. He’s already back on the floor playing basketball, restriction-free. (Now) because it’s a back injury the doctors want muscles that support the back and the legs, in the back area, to be as strong as when he went out, maybe stronger. Also to have (the muscles) to be very balanced and that’s what the doctors are waiting on. Once those are good, then we’ll get the green light."

I'm glad Morey addressed this issue FINALLY

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sounds like Dwight is permanently damaged goods and the goal is for him to still be able to walk come playoffs.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Q: When are the pajama uniforms coming back?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

MOREY: Not my department, sorry. That's more Tad's territory.