1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green Hospitalized in Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DunKingDanny, Nov 4, 2015.

1. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I hope it wasn't drugs... especially considering what is going on with Lamar Odom..

3. malakas

malakas Member

Drugs alcohol or a mental breakdown. He also missed the day before due to some kind of "illness". I hope he's fine and can recover soon though it doesn't look so good right now.

Heat can't catch a break.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To address rumors circulating, the Miami Police Department said Heat guard Gerald Green, who has been hospitalized, has not been arrested.</p>&mdash; Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) <a href="https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/662000388116193281">November 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After missing Tuesday game with what team listed as an illness, Heat forward Gerald Green hospitalized Wednesday. <a href="https://t.co/ECZvKS3gp0">https://t.co/ECZvKS3gp0</a></p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/661989001532936192">November 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Rumor was it was the drug called "Flakka" ... I had never heard of it before, but supposedly a new synthetic drug.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Oh man if it's flakka that is some crazy stuff. Super cheap and makes you do some weird ****. I think it's a derivative of "bath salts" and I know we've all read stories of people on "bath salts".

7. malakas

malakas Member

Why would Green who is a millionaire be on some weird **** super cheap drug? At least be on expensive drugs? I know it's just a minor detail but doesn't make sense.

8. Cranberry_Juice

Probably it's a drug that the nba does not test for.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Read up on it and it sounds... not good. Hopefully those rumors are false.

10. marky :)

Probably also because they don't think anyone who is an NBA player is stupid enough to take Flakka

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

So you're saying he chewed off his own finger?

12. Cranberry_Juice

you are talking about gerald green.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's another lost soul. Being rich is not everything as many as you think. I remember being broke and enjoying the smaller things more.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because he's Gerald Green. There's a reason why such a talented player had so much trouble making in the league.

15. marky :)

If the Flakka thing is true, then he just got promoted to Advanced Stupid.

1 person likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

I read a couple things on this Flakka drug and seems if he really was on, then he will be sent off to the psych ward. But there are a lot of other things it could be.
    It could be an adverse reaction to a combination of medicine and alcohol.
    A mental breakdown. Some other psychedelic drug.

Also the NBA doesn't seriously test for drugs. Most of the players smoke mar1juana just are careful and don't get caught.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So we're just going to ignore the fact that perhaps he unknowingly took the drug or that someone spiked it and gave it to him?

That is, if that's even the reason that he was hospitalized.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

I live in Miami, Flakka is probably the most dangerous drug out right now. You literally get superhuman strength and you feel like your whole body is on fire until you strip butt ass nekkid. I sure hope for greens sake he didn't take any damn flakka.

19. malakas

malakas Member

He missed the game just the night before due to "illness". Do you think while he was ill in his house someone came and spiked his chicken soup? Or that he was lazy to go to the match and do his job and called in sick and instead went out to a club and someone happened to come and spike his drink?

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Such a wasted talent; hope it doesn't end in a wasted (and/or lost) life.