1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why was Clint benched?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 2, 2015.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was a plus 4, 10 points and 5 rebounds in 14 minutes. What's the deal?

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

McFail trying to send a message. Didn't like that D12 sat this game out. Is not in the loop when it comes to D12's minutes it seems.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i posted in another thread last night that capela's rim protection was key to building up that lead for us. MIA was unable to convert on perhaps a dozen point blank attempts due to capela's swarming D, and those misses triggered much of our fast break buckets. not playing capela (who only had 2 fouls) in the 2nd half made no sense at all.

1 person likes this.
  4. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

I was wondering the same thing, there were moments when Trevor Ariza was our tallest player on the court. Whiteside got whatever he wanted out there.

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

McHale just cannot wait to retire early.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Is that really it? How very Houston Texan-esque.

I could not understand why Capella didn't play more.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mchale needs to wear a headset so Morey cam tell him who to put

8. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

absolutely mind blowing. We couldn't get a rebound to save our lives and our only center is on the bench.

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

This in my view is the main reason we lost the game. Any Mchale apologist care to enlighten us?:p

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mc**** loves him small ball

He would rather have Ariza at center than Clint Capela

11. bmd

bmd Member

I didn't get it either... Capela is the back-up center. Why was he not playing more minutes?

Plus, he was doing good out there. It's not like he was struggling at all.

Makes no sense. And I thought McHale last year did a great job with substitutions and line-up changes.

12. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

This is stupid enough to be true

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we did try to post up ariza in the paint :eek:

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I kept wondering this too. It seemed to me Capela was playing very well in the first half.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

At one point Dragic dribbled around under the basket until the shot clock expired simply because Capela was standing there waiting. Could have used that... Why play the rookie before Capela? They do the exact same thing except Capela is 100x bigger.

16. MistaK

MistaK Member

Is that actually what happened?? :eek::eek:

I haven't managed to watch the game yet. Will probably do it after work, after a couple of drinks, so I can stomach it easier.

I know pretty much the entire team is stinking it up currently. They surely need practice time together. Especially Ty and Harden...They need to learn how to play together. There were times where I felt that Harden was off the ball too much (too passive) and Ty, he just seems hesitant to shoot at times. They gotta find some kind of balance.

...But the main thing so far has got to be McHale's rotations. Montrezl did great against GS (in the limited minutes he was on the floor) and was never put back in the game. Thornton finally played - still baffling how he hadn't seen a minute during the first two games. When you struggle to shoot as a team, you wanna have shooters on the floor (Terry, Thornton)

Now DH is out against Miami and Clint the only center we have gets to play 14 minutes only?? And he wasn't even in foul trouble.

Now I've never said anything against McHale. I think he did a great job with whatever team he had, especially last year (I know he isn't the best X's and O's coach). But his rotations have reached a new level of :confused::mad::confused:

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Lmao I wish I could rep (don't know why I lost the ability)

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because we don't have a player named Capella on this team.

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Head scratch. Did anyone ask him that question post game?

20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Other head scratch-er includes, if Thornton is good enough to start the 3rd game in place of injured Jones, why didn't he get a single min the first two games? Why was Harrell pulled and not see the floor again until garbage time when he was all energy and scoring in the 2nd game?