1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry on Lawson and Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Oct 29, 2015.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Steph Curry on Lawson's and Harden's comments over the summer.

“I can watch games and nitpick guys all you want to,” Curry said. “I came out every night trying to do my job, win my position every night, no matter who the matchup was. I’m going to try to do the same thing on Friday.”

Curry on how well he knew Lawson.

“Not really,” Curry said. “I played against him in college, worked out in Maryland a couple times at the same gym he went to. We were coming out of the same draft as well. So that’s about it.”

Curry added with sly grin, “I think I saw him on Rodeo Drive one time and I said ‘Hi.’”

Last summer, Harden reiterated his belief that he deserved the MVP award that went to Curry instead.

“He had a great year,” Curry said. “It’s not like he didn’t play at a high level and do what he needed to do for his team.

“I like James. He’s a great dude. Obviously, he’s a great player.”

http://www.sfexaminer.com/mouthy-lawson-awaits-curry/

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

blah bleh blah...

nothing to see here. move along, folks.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ppl trying to start something. Curry is a class act.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Does Curry play defense?

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Curry >>>> Harden though.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Ok to be honest, I just don't like the fact that Curry looks like a 12 year old boy and chews his mouth piece while flailing around his arms like a sissy after he makes a shot. It's one of the reasons I didn't care for Kevin Martin either earlier in this career, looked like a kid, can't look up to him.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You must have looked up to this guy then. Nobody would mistaken him as a kid. :grin:

[​IMG]

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

If you want to have a beef about MVP winner, have it with those who gave Curry the MVP. It's not Curry's fault that people think he was the best. Well, it's actually is his fault :) But those who blame Curry are hateful people.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Blame that guy who filmed Rockets' hudle when Harden or Howard said "they aren't even that good" and spread online. Rockets are only backfiring in a polite way, they did NOTHING to insult Rockets, Houston.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is gonna be a long season with all these people desperate to compare Harden to Curry and whining about how much better Curry is than Harden.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I blame Curry for being a little rat-faced b**** boy.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dear tmac2k8 & dharocks,

Hell Yes to both y'all's posts.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

At least game knows game - he gave Harden due credit.

Lawson really has no business riling up Curry. He's not necessarily a defensive upgrade over Terry or Prigioni. But I also think Curry is blowing Lawson's words out of proportion; Lawson just said he would make Curry work harder on defense, which is (hopefully) true. And that, coupled with at least the same level of defensive ability as Prigs and Terry (and hopefully, please Basketball Jeebus, better) would give Curry a harder time. Enough to make a difference in that series? Maybe, maybe not - it was clear that Howard was less effective than in the first two rounds, and now it's clear why that was.

Anyway, all this is a moot point until we start putting away bottom tier teams like Denver. Mike Malone can get them to fringe playoff level just by playing defense, but they shouldn't be running circles around us on offense.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Asked about Stephen Curry being difficult to cover, Ty Lawson said, &quot;You seen his first game?&quot;</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/660131988561530880">October 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think you've got bigger problems if you or your kids (if you have any) are looking up to basketball players or athletes in general.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol the funny thing is Harden is said to be friends with Curry and Thompson due to the team USA thing.

I doubt there is any animosity towards them. Harden has Every right to win the MVP and he's never ever dissed Curry's game. Not once.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to mention harden and klay have been playing ball with/against each other since they were teenagers.

All of this "beef" is mostly created by posters who want to analyze every little quote and make it a bigger deal than it really is when they really have no idea.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wow!

I can't believe he said that!

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

These are all classy, high road comments, and honestly make me like Curry more.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Everything that I have seen or heard from Curry seems like he is a class act. I don't really have anything bad to say about him.

But I still can't stand him. It's not really any fault of his own, I am just so tired of hearing ESPN and the media talk about him non stop. Almost to LeBron levels. Did you hear he once hit 70 3 pointers in a row at a practice?

1 person likes this.