1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith, "Dwight Howard has the most pressure this upcoming season"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smk281, Oct 27, 2015.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL if we're talking about pressure then the guy who has the most pressure is actually CP3, dude has been trying to shake off the "Choker" tag his entire career and after last year's meltdown if he gets owned this year again I don't think anybody takes him seriously anymore.

But personally speaking Dwight has a lot of pressure on his shoulders as well, he still hasn't won a ring and he's already dealing with all sorts of injuries to his back and legs. Next year he'll be a FA and he defintiely wants to maximize his earnings and sign a super max deal at 30M, the problem is if he doesn't stay healthy this year I don't think he'll get more than 15M a year.

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

S.A.S u can suck my ****

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i can barely listen to those two men speak anymore.

for the last couple of years i have mostly listened to podcasts if not listening to music. it's just flat out annoying

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Stupid. Dwight has been the most consistent player in the playoffs the past 2 years. He IS still a star and his defensive numbers are not far off his prime.

He went to LA for his brand? I'm pretty sure that's just the way the media spinned it.

He has failed so many times? Lol...what a joke.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Absolutely agree. His regular season advanced stats compare to or are better than many of the greatest point guards ever yet he's going on 31 and hasn't been to the Conference Finals even with elite teams in LA and above average teams in NO.

I believe even Morey said CP3 was the best point guard ever.

No ones going around saying this kind of stuff about Dwight. Ever. Yet Dwight has been to the Finals once with role players. The conference finals and at least the second round as many times as he lost in the first.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

If that's what pressure is to him the omg poor Dwight lol

7. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Guys SAS is right , Dwight Howard took a Magic team with the only real playmaker on the team that was Hedo Turkoglu , now he has one of the best teammates around him ever with Ariza , Lawson,Brewer,Beverly , Dmo, Jones and James Harden who's a top 5 player in the NBA, If Howard cannot win with this team theres something wrong , Hes a Hall of Famer and When healthy he dominates on both sides of the floor no excuses .

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah it's definitely Chris Paul. Dwight has done plenty in the league, the only thing left is a chip. With Chris Paul, he hasn't even made the conference finals, as other posters have already pointed out. Plus, in the last two years, he's personally choked away two golden opportunities to advance. If he doesn't make it past the second round ever, his claim to best PG of this generation goes down in flames. I think that's probably enough to qualify him as the guy under the most pressure. Strange though how he doesn't get a lot of flak for his choke jobs. Imagine if that was Dwight or Harden?

9. clutz

clutz Member

Dwight has significant bone-on-bone pressure.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Contract year for Dwight, I expect big things.

DD

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but Dwight is in the same position T-Mac was in in 2009. He knows this is the year. He has brought his team so close, but never has he had so much talent around him. If he can be just 80% of what he was when he took Orlando to the Finals, we can win it all.

But that also means he has to bring 80% of his peak self to the table. Can his body withstand that after all these years? We have to cross our fingers.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What's this junk about Dwight being playoff Dwight during the regular season? I like that he raises his game when it matters most.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You got it all wrong, it's not if Howard can win with Harden, it's if Harden can win with Howard.

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Let's seriously stop this Dwight elevated his game in the playoffs nonsense. Yes, he played better in the playoffs than the regular season, but thats not saying much when he wasn't playing all too well in the regular season.

08-09 Dwight is light years better than this current iteration of Dwight and it's not even particularly close. I get the feeling when reading these boards people are disconnected with reality...

I thought we were paying for old dwight, not new dwight. New dwight isn't a superstar, he's top notch defensively but is a negative on offense. Old dwight dominated both ends.

Pick whatever stat you'd like:

Rebound Rate:
    Old: 24.5%
    New: 21.5%

Assist Ratio:
    Old: 9%
    New: 5.9%

Offensive Win Shares
    Old: 2.6
    New: 0.6

Defensive Win Shares
    Old: 1.9
    New: 0.9

Win Shares
    Old: 4.5
    New: 1.5

Offensive +/-
    Old: +1.9
    New: -2.9

Defensive +/-
    Old: +5.2
    New: +4.8

VORP
    Old: 2.1
    New 0.6

TS%
    Old: 63%
    New 54%

PER
    Old: 25.5
    New 20.4

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I agree with him. If Dwight and McHale show up, moreso McHale I can't see why Rockets cannot win 65+ games. This roster is even more stacked than last year's GSW

Anyway **** off Screamin A Smith

16. Handles

Handles Member

Lots of teams have pressure. As far as individuals go - cp3, LMA, Lebron, durant, Davis, and harden all have lots of pressure. I really don't think Dwight should be in that list, but maybe not too far behind.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard has been a monster in the playoffs every year for us... He has never not delivered in the post season outside of with the Lakers that one year...

I say Klove if the Cavs don't win it all, he will be a scape goat. Aldridge I'f the spurs don't make it, Paul if the Clips don't make it to conf finals... Melo if Knicks don't make playoffs...

I mean, depending on different scenarios, any player can obtain a lot of pressure from the media, it depends on how they play and their teams success.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

Zach Lowe > Trashcan > anything > whatever > crap > Stephen A. Smith > Stephen A. Smith's opinion

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

So many of us dislike ESPN. Why is there not one decent alternative? Or am I missing it?

20. Handles

Handles Member

> why3's opinion

Lol this is actually one of your better posts I've seen. Just couldn't resist.