1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley: "4 elite teams in the West". Guess which team isn't included?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

Happens every year. Not only from Barkley, either.

A lot of people overlook the Rockets.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Do you get really sad when you find that the Mavs don't have a real internet forum presence because nobody cares about your team?

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

This is a Houston Rockets message board. :confused:

4. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Personally I kind of like Barkley, he gives pretty good insight and keeps it real. He does have a personal history with the rockets, and even last year him and Morey were had some beef, so its really no wonder he dislikes us.

Back to the point though, GSW, Spurs, Clippers and OKC are really good teams this year. We know GSW and Spurs will be the ones to beat with their sophisticated offense + shooting. Clippers and OKC are really dangerous from a talent standpoint. Clippers are really stacked this year, they only lack a true defensive stopper + some issues if people hack a josh smith/deandre, but they have been playing really well in preseason. OKC will always be good with RW and KD on their team.

The west is really stacked at the moment, and from what i've seen (I know its preseason), houston really needs to pick up their defense, it is just not working as of now (we can really feel the lack of defense without Dwight). For me the west is more like:

1a Warriors
    1b Spurs
    2a Clippers
    2b Rockets
    2c OKC

would be interesting to see what happens with the team this season, GO ROCKETS!

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

Barkley is my favorite Rocket of all time and the best analyst there is right now. If he says we're not making the playoffs - we're not making the playoffs!

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

[​IMG]

Trolling Much!

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hahahah

8. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Wasn't Barley the only person who said the Rockets would come back to win down 1-3 to the Clippers?

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Can we talk about how he has the Spurs 4th!? That's even more egregious.

10. conquistador#11

I pick the heat to come out of the east, another mvp like season furrr lebron.

11. jevjnd

jevjnd Member

I had honestly forgotten that this dude exists.

12. Nick

Nick Member

Is it? Tony Parker and Manu are big question marks. And one of these years, Duncan will finally be too old.

They still will probably be right there till the end, but there are question marks.

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

He's a talking head, he says whatever that's scandalous and defies majority's opinion. Dude wants to make headlines. In all seriousness TNT analysts desk combined knows about basketball less than I do, and I'm watching only Rockets. They have nothing to say about 75% of the league, because they only watch 5 teams that play on TNT, they don't watch games that they don't do. ESPN's NBA broadcast is SO MUCH BETTER. Their analysts desk is also ****, though more knowledgeable, but they have SVG, Breen and that meh GSW coach, but they're superior to whatever TNT puts (I HATE MILLER).

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Forget that. If you want to be salty because he is salty about money that someone owed to him then so be it.

15. the shark

the shark Member

The dude is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. That said I could care less if he said we weren't going to make the playoffs, or we were going to win it all.

Every so called "expert" could say the Rockets are their team to win it all this year, and it would make NO difference. They don't give out prediction titles. It needs to done on the court, and only time will tell.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Member

You're one of the most insecure people on here lol..

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Barley who? I know he picked Mav to win in last year playoff. There is no way that Rick Carlisle lets the rockets beat his team at four times from seven, no way. Barkely said with a great confidence.

18. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Just have to prove it. Like being an underdog.

19. Handles

Handles Member

These kinds of posts are funny to me (but not really).

A large majority of posters in the thread are not salty about barkleys comments. Most say what I feel: he's entitled to his own opinion.

But an outsider would read the quoted post and it would remind them of the 1 post in 10 that was salty, and this post would confirm and add to their belief that we're insecure. And I think that's a reason why we get national pundits and other fans calling us rockets fans insecure.

And the fact that it's in all caps...

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Are these still news stories?