1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Bortles

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

bortles played well in the preseason last year too believe

2. Remii

Remii Member

That's why I said "I think." Of course I don't know what O'Brien was thinking. Just going by the tape and the fact Blake was coached by O'Brien's mentor. But yea yea yea, Blake sucks... He's horrible.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know if Bortles is good or bad because . .. .Jaguars

Like David Carr when the line was horrible . . . did it ruin him or was he never that good.

Rocket River

4. Remii

Remii Member

Do you see how many times Blake is throwing the ball...??? He's #3 in the NFL not far behind Rivers in attempts... And Rivers has 15 TD's and 7 INT's and Blake has 15 and 8... And like Rivers, Blake only has 2 games with multiple INT's. Blake's completion percentage is bad but not if you take into account the amount of his pass attempts down field (He's amongst the league leaders and pass attempts and completions that travel 20 yards or more in the air).

And he's doing this with no protection from his offensive line, no protection from his running game, and no protection from his defense, and a clueless coaching staff.

It's amazing you can't tell the difference between Bortles and David Carr. Unless you're still trying to justify the Texans taking Clowney over Blake.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bortles is definitely a good QB who's currently on a bad team. If the Jags get him an O-Line, he very well could crack the Top 10 QB's if he continues to develop, as the Jags have some great offensive weapons.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the Texans would be in a much better place with him.

6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Bortles has impressed me this year

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well in fairness the post you are quoting was typed before the season started. Bortles clearly looks better this season than last but he's still too inconsistent, has accuracy issues and makes questionable decisions. Right now he's just another guy.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, Allen Robinson is turning out to be the best WR out of that draft. It surprises me that O'Brien didn't want him when Robinson was the reason Penn State won the games that they did.

Well, Bortles looked better in his rookie season than what David did and it was said Bortles wasn’t NFL ready coming out of college...

And as far as being inconsistent... Once you take Brady out of the picture and compare systems _ you can say that about a majority of the QB's.