1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Clutch City 'luck'?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 25, 2015.

?

was clutch city luck?

1. no, clutch city was heart and toughness and greatness

103 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. only non rockets fans think it was luck

38 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is why we can't have nice things.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yes. But it wasn't handed to them either.

3. Cranberry_Juice

You guys need to leave Tinman alone.He can't help the way he is. He's like that cowboys fan that can't live past 1995 because that was the last time they won a superbowl.

4. verysimplejason

Luck and guts... I'd love them to play Chicago with MJ but there's no turning time back. That said, I love Hakeem for bringing those 2 championships. I'd just not bet against MJ's team especially after that first 3-peat if he decided to come back though I'd cheer for the Rockets.

One more thing, I really hate Rockets management for trading Hakeem late in his career. He should have retired as a Rockets. 3 years for 18M isn't that high for someone who brought 2 championships. They're cheapskates....

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your last sentences speak the truth. Jerry Bus wouldn't have traded his legend.

Magic johnson said bus got his back during the hiv fiasco.

In retrospec , trading hakeem did nothing.

Steve francis didn't lead the rockets anywhere.

It was only one year that dream played until he retired.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Luck has been involved in every championship ever won in every sport.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

To be fair, you are one of the guys that feed LOF trolls,
    which means they won't go away unless you stop.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Well that was dumb, efficiency. If you score inefficiently, your taking way shots from guys that shoot more efficiently then you and hence your helping the opposing defense by self defending. It's sort of the reason that Russell Westbrook is the best defender of Kevin Durant. Well, that and injury. Opposing teams can defend Durant but every time Westbrook shoots, Durant doesn't and that is bad. McGrady did that and hence the only playoff series won in the McGrady era was when he was injured. Efficiency, say out loud, swallow it, put in your mouth and gargle it.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Agreed, even true for Jordan's team.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

No you are wrong. They keep posting and impersonating houston rockets fans to be on this board.
    One reason is that they find an emotional attachment to lin and feel he is a jesus figure to them which they need spread their message that he is a persecuted being that walks on water while listening to michael w smith.
    Another reason is that the other boards are less tolerant of them, the lakers and hornets boards banned so many of them.

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

It's not our fault Jordan couldn't beat Shaq in 95. The story wouldn't have been the same had the Rockets swept the Bulls in the finals.

12. Cranberry_Juice

Methinks OOAAH does not understand the reason for the post. He should read all the prior post out loud, swallow it, then gargle it.

By the way in 2007 and in 2008, TMAC did score the most points in the season for the Rockets. HEYPartner was going by averages/game, my statement was for the season in total. I can't help it if Yao can't finish a whole season.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac also only played in 20 playoff games as a rocket.

He was definitely not clutch.

14. Cranberry_Juice

Like Hakeem, TMAC led the rockets in scoring.

Let that marinate for a little. While marinating please enjoy the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Too bad tmac is not a leader like james harden. His teammates love him and last year showed guts and toughness.

He's better than both of those dudes in the pictures combined

16. Cranberry_Juice

I don't care if hes not a leader, i don't care if he was gutless. I am just responding to you saying that I should never use TMAC and Hakeem in the same analogy. ;)

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

If only Tmac got to play with Durant and Westbrook and Ibaka to start his career and then get to play with this stacked Rockets team. Statements like what Tinman says makes things unfair for players who have had garbage teams their whole career and compares them to lucky players who played in great situations their whole career. TMac would be drafted over Harden by nearly every NBA GM that ever existed.

I hope we can sign TMac to a last spot so he can transition to a coach like the Lakers are doing with Artest. Just so Tinman has to see his face every single game for the next 10 years.

18. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

No way we would've beaten the Bulls if Jordan was playing those two full seasons. Don't forget Jordan played a shortened 95 season.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

His averages were about the same in 95.
    Your answer is wrong.
    The reason jordan did not advance was because the bulls Frontline was overwhelmed by shaq and grant.

Oh hakeem olajuwon also went beast mode on the playoffs

20. tinman

Supporting Member

It would be great to see tmac on the bench again, that's basically what he did the last few seasons anyways.
    Sit.