1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Terrence Jones can not be a starter on a championship caliber team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, May 3, 2014.

1. malakas

malakas Member

when you say playoff teams you mean teams in the playoffs or teams who have good records and make it to the playoffs?

Because if it's teams in the playoffs then it's no wonder. Scouting Scouting Scouting.
    That's why before anyone hails DMO as the PF of the future and expect him to play as well in RS as in the playoffs without any proof will most likely be dissapointed. (Same with Capella. When teams have scouted you they will start counter your moves, neutralise your strengths and know wht you gonna do before you do it.).

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

No but by making them work the Rockets were able to make them less effective at the end of games.

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Teams that eventually make the playoffs. To be totally fair, most of the teams that make the playoffs have top tier defenses.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It will be because every rotational player stepped their games up including Jones.

I would love to see you play a game in the NBA. Y'all kill me with this no heart crap. The man wasn't completely heeled and you're on here questioning his heart. WOW

5. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Had nothing to do with him not being healedd and everything to do with it being groundhog day.

PS. Im 40....my current game doesnt translate to the NBA game.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So you know exactly the time table for a player to fully recover from punctured lungs. LOL And he never really got his lift back from that leg injury. But hey he has no heart.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looked like he was suffering from that lung injury again tonight.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahahaha

Dude everybody in the world knows that Jones can not check LMA. LMA has his number just like a lot of greats had certain role players number. LMA is a freaking Superstar period.

Now Jones missed some bunnies, but he did rebound the ball well (8 nrbs) and had 2 blocks with 10 points. That's ok for a freaking role player.

9. basketballholic

LOL.

Yup. Lung injury got him again tonight.

LOL.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He was most likely going to be shipped this year but then dmo went down and that ruined everything. Then Smoove leaves and were stuck with him. His dribbling makes me cringe.

11. basketballholic

What's sad to me is I actually thought the boy played as good as he could possibly play out there. I didn't think he folded up. He was running and at least trying....for the first part of the game. But....you could just see it, he can't match up against these bigs on playoff teams. He gets blocked because he's not big enough. And he gets punished on the defensive end. They post him up. They run pick-and-roll and he stands there with his head on a swivel watching the play run past him.

Guys, honestly this was one of Terrence's better efforts this pre-season. But even though he put out the effort, it's just not there.

Who exactly is Terrence going to be able to matchup with on the Spurs? Diaw???? That's the only chance he's got to match up. And Diaw is at best the Spurs 4th big and before the season is over he might be the 5th big on the Spurs. Timmy, LaMarcus, David West, Boban............Terrence does not stand a chance of matching up against any of them. That's just facts.

He's just not good enough to be a starter on a championship team. And he's not even good enough to be in the primary rotation when we go up against these Western Conference monsters.

Why is the world the majority of posters here can't see that is beyond me.

1 person likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Jones is just an athlete playing basketball .... Not a basketball player who also happens to be an athlete.

He has to think too much rather than just let the game flow ... and then his brain freezes up from all that thinking.

I really hope he's gone by the deadline ....

[​IMG]

(couldnt find a basketball related one)

1 person likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

14. heypartner

15. heypartner

[​IMG]////

1 person likes this.
  16. heypartner