1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blue Bell recalls all products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenon, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1185990458084877

"This odd piece of blue something."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Family finds blue plastic object in half gallon of Blue Bell ice cream <a href="http://t.co/4bbsONC8rC">http://t.co/4bbsONC8rC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HouNews?src=hash">#HouNews</a> <a href="http://t.co/yxOaNbApGE">pic.twitter.com/yxOaNbApGE</a></p>&mdash; KPRC 2 Houston (@KPRC2) <a href="https://twitter.com/KPRC2/status/654856551430160384">October 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-Didn't make the discovery until it was almost gone.
    -Noticed something frozen blue inside
    -"I told my wife to leave it alone. Not sure what it is. Looks like a frozen latex glove or piece of plastic." He worries his family may have ingested it. "It might have been plastic or a glove shredded in there and we might have eaten small pieces of it."
    -"I'm not buying it anymore anyways."
    -Blue Bell picked up the ice cream from his home and will test/investigate what the blue thing is and where it came from.

YUCK!

Stay hungry my friends. :grin:

#341 J.R., Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

F'in BS. They should have Lawyered up as soon as it was found.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Do you guys think Bluebell will go out of business or is there enough of a loyal following to sustain their business despite their blunders?

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Yet no one complains about the free toys in cereal boxes.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Oh... is that what that was? Thanks Blue Bell... free latex glove toys for everybody!

(on a serious note, if that was in fact a latex glove... and given the amount of people out there with severe/anaphylactic allergies to latex... this could have been just as disastrous as anything).

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dated a girl or 2 with that allergy.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Looks more like a nitrile glove, which people use if they're allergic to latex.

All I know is that Blue Bell makes the best strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I'm still waiting for that. HEB's Poteet Strawberry is supposed to be comparable but its strawberries are tasteless because of how small they're crushed up.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Unless you see a complete overhaul of the company, which I have no idea why it hasn't happened yet, I don't see how they can sustain with all the dirt coming out.

Big shame as Bluebell is a Texas institution that is being run down into the ground.

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Reporting back... Can confirm : Breyers Vanilla > Blue Bell

1 person likes this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice.

11. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a toy in a box of cereal...it's all about using the "code" inside the box to download an app these days.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bryers sucks (so much of what they sell is frozen dairy dessert), though the natural might be good.

This is the single greatest Ice Cream I've ever had:

[​IMG]

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's made from real bits of turkey, so you know it's good.

1 person likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The HEB Poteet Strawberry is awesome and way better than BB. Just sucks that it's out for a limited time each year.

Just had the HEB 1909 Vanilla. It's pretty damn good, too. I'm not buying BB any more.

15. MystikArkitect

Still see God Bless Blue Bell signs around.

This company killed people due to their negligence. Southerners will stick with their brands even if they murder children and old people.

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I took my sisters Come and Take It BB sign and sharpie the F outta it with the TRUTH about them and promptly thew in the garbage can. :mad:

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It's a residual effect of the institution known as slavery, if you ask me. Don't ask me.

18. The Boz

The Boz Member

19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/health/blue-bell-listeria-criminal-investigation/index.html

Justice Department investigates Blue Bell Creameries over listeria response

After weeks of gradual recalls, Blue Bell recalled all its ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet and other frozen treats sold in 23 states on April, 20, 2015, after it said listeria was found on the lid of a food service cup the month before. However, an investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed the listeria outbreak dated back to 2010.

The agency connected patients from 2010-2015 to the current outbreak through comparisons to a database of bacteria DNA.

The origin of the strain was then unknown, but "the fact that it was the same strain over the last five years suggests it could have lurked somewhere in the factory the whole time," Dr. Robert Tauxe, deputy director of the CDC Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases, told CNN last April.