1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, May 28, 2015.

1. JTQ

JTQ Member

Im starting Gates over Eifert....and Eifert got 2 TDs for 21 pts......let's hope Gates can rival that :p

In the interesting position though, I am up 20 pts over my H2H opponent. I am left with Gates, he is left with Rivers... let's just hope Rivers only pass to Gates hahahah

2. thething

thething Member

I did that too--now I'm down 28 points with Gates, Allen, and Bell left. Eifert's 21 points sure would have helped out right now. I do think Gates will do well tonight, though. He was the #2 TE from last year.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Who do you guys like better to replace Jamaal Charles?

Knife Davis or Charcandrick West(tf?)

I feel like Davis is the better back of the two, but tbh I've never seen West play and don't know what type of back. I'm guessing he's a better 3rd down back with pass catching ability...?

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think with Charles out you take a Flier on Davis in standard leagues and look at West for PPR.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Member

Need a QB for wk 6

Cutler -det
    Hoyer - Jax
    Smith - minn
    Kap - balt
    Bortles - hou

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jeremy Hill; what's with him? Was last year just a perfect storm of injuries to Jones, Gio, and Eifert?

7. King of 40 Acres

Also need advice on this: I'm second in the waiver order this week so I plan on putting a claim on either West or Davis. I think West may be more under the radar so I may target him. Hate to burn my waiver claim on a bum who won't get a bulk of the work in KC.

8. thejav

thejav Member

Totally dropping payton and picking up tyrod tyalor.. Ive had enough..

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

West is the favorite right now. Chiefs are also working out Pierre Thomas and Ben tate

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

Don't drop him, just bench him... I dropped Brady after week 4 and got screwed last year

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

Bengals play gio when they are behind, hill when they are ahead. As a fellow Hill owner I'm frustrated too. Should have benched him for Blount this week. Down 3.2 points with Antonio Brown left...

Fingers crossed

12. clutch citizen

I'm a Charles owner. I have Brees and Dalton. I'm thinking of cashing in Dalton. What can I get in return? QB is pretty easy to produce in this league. There are really only two owners that need help. One of them has Big Ben. Here are potential offers:

PPR league

Barnidge and Landry for Dalton and Ellington (I could probably flip Barnidge for Latavius Murray or Dion Lewis; I have Gates and J. Thomas at TE)

Chris Ivory for Dalton straight up

No one wants Brees. Bortles, McCown are on waiver still. Not sure about Dalton's value even as the best fantasy QB in points currently

#732 clutch citizen, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

funny how it's always the people who lose that say it's mostly luck haha

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I am telling you RBs are useless draft picks. You take Ivory and Martin in the latter rounds you're good. The rest of you are scrambling to pick up Charcandrick West and Thomas Rawls.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

Yup. I'm glad I went with Brown, even though I'm anxious for Big Ben to get back.

I'm also laughing at my friend who picked Luck in the first and my other friend who picked Peyton early, while I'm sitting here with Brady and Palmer.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Hard to predict next year's top QBs, and this year will only get more people on the "wait on qb" bandwagon. Even Gronk's had two meh weeks in a row. Could WR/WR be the savvy ppr start?
    Could we be living in a world where Dalton will be a top 3-5 QB off the board?

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Meh, it's hard to predict RB play from year to year.

You're taking into account injuries, coaching changes, opportunity, and offensive scheme among other things.

Take this from a guy that took Devonte Freeman early a few years ago expecting the type of production he is putting up now when Steven Jackson was literally on his last leg... luck has a lot to do with drafting and as well as FA pickups.

This year people were able to p/u Arian Foster in the mid to late rounds... starting to look like it may pay off if his health keeps up within the upcoming weeks.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

yup, my rbs rarely do anything special... except for when i traded cobb for bell last year :cool:

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Maybe you mean Jacquizz. Every year despite his size, Smith would say Rodgers was capable of being a 3 down RB. Freeman was a rookie last year, and was hurt to start this year.

It's not like you're better off stockpiling any other position.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

Gotta pick a few stud WRs then stockpile RBs