1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official ALDS] Astros vs. Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 7, 2015.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yet when he hit with Lowrie and Jed hit HR

It was great decision

Lol at you guys

2. HookemHorns1250

Just like the Rockets. When the Rockets lose it's Skips fault, when they win, it's the players who won it by themselves.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

that was a perfect throw to 1st base..it even skipped perfectly to get Gomez. All the Stars aligned for KC to win this game in my opinion...and they only won by 1 run

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

You're a d1ck

It's so obvious that numerous folks disagree. Losing game 3 in a series tied 1-1 is not usually considered an absolute must-win regardless of who you have going. In our case, I think we need to have it.

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Actually, if you read my post, the last few games i've given a LOT OF CREDIT to Hinch for the wins, not only the players.

But, when i think he did not manage right, i will ALSO express myself. It goes both ways.

Today he did not do what he did before, early innings, go with Sipp, later on, Oliver for 1 batter only, unless 2 lefties hit in a row. He usually leaves Fields for more than a inning when he is doing good, today, he did not. Harris comes in the 8th, today it was the 7th. I do agree with using Neshek in that situation.

Why use Lowrie? I would have Villar instead of Lowrie in the roster. Lowrie is there only to hit right handed, but we have Marwin over him.

Today it was NOT a good day for Hinch.

6. The Beard

Agree we don't know what would have happened

But I'd have rather taken my chances with Fiers than Perez

7. The Beard

You would have done everything right

We would be undefeated if you were manager

Thanks for posting Mr Baseball

8. newAge_Rockets

Clutchfans reaction everyday the Astros lose is FIRE HINCH har har and it's absolutely ridiculous. If you new fans think we're gonna win every day and sweep every team than you're gonna be really disappointed.

The Hosmer hit off Perez was just a good piece of hitting. That slider was wayyy off the plate and he just found a way to bloop it into left field then we got bad luck with the shift.

TLDR: There's no need to want to blow up the team and fire the manager every time they lose.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This game is on the pitching... 5 ER in 8 innings. Our pitchers didn't perform well enough.. namely the starter. Astros still hold a great position coming back home 1-1 with Keuchel.

10. HookemHorns1250

Completely agree, but don't even bother. It's just easier to blame the coach than the actual players these days...

11. HookemHorns1250

Don't worry, Gattis will have a solid game 3, we'll win, and he'll be no where to be found.

12. Major

Major Member

Except they don't. Again, the Astros saved more runs than anyone in baseball thanks to the shift. Using one example when it didn't work to argue otherwise is the epitome of stupidity.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Fiers needs to take Kazmir spot in rotation if his spot comes back around this post season. We need starters who can at least go 6 innings. He just can't and hasn't in a while.

14. The Beard

Lol yep

Until we make another mistake

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

At this point I am just about ready to try Tucker at DH against right handers and just about ready to let Jed get a crack. Gattis and Luis have not done anything to merit continuing to roll with them. Jekyll and hyde are returning home, but man.. Those spots have been horrid.

16. The Beard

Watched the team much?

17. HookemHorns1250

Val had a hit today, and has played extremely well on the defensive side of the field. He needs to be in the line up.

18. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Villar not on the roster dude

19. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I have to disagree on Valbuena, he is hitting a lot for the last 30 games, now, i would not hit him 6th in the lineup, he should be hitting 7th.
    GAttis, well, he does better at Houston, so he may have a couple of good games there. I do agree with you, and is one thing i don't like about Hinch this year, why not use Tucker a little bit more as a DH in the regular season. Not always vs righties but 70/30 split?

20. mbryce

mbryce Member

You don't tug on superman's cape
    You don't spit into the wind
    You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
    You NEVER EVER get the tying run picked off at first base in Division Series game. IN THE 9th INNING. Only the Astros,.

How may times as that pitcher picked one off in his career?