1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Confed Cup Birth] USA vs Mexico Oct 10th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DaDakota, Sep 8, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hector Herrera is going to run circles around that US midfield made up of way below average players who can't even pass or control the ball if the Brazil friendly is anything to go by.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Tickets purchased. :eek:

See y'all over there on October 10th!

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Dang, I am ticked. I live in San Diego and won the lottery to buy tickets to the game, but it turns out i can't go. Gonna have to give them away to friends.

I was at the last USA-Mexico Gold Cup final in the Rose Bowl and that was a ton of fun.

4. SwoLy-D

Anyone need a code to buy tickets at regular price? I have a couple. CHEAP! ;)

5. SwoLy-D

My 25 to capture the ticket to the Confederations. :cool:

[​IMG]

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Win or lose, it's clear the usa national team has gone backwards in 4 years under Klinsmann. I thought it was 2010 when I saw the usa roster.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yeah...it certainly doesn't inspire confidence. I don't know how much of a hot seat he's on, if any, yet. A drubbing next week would certainly turn up the heat quite a bit. Going into the the qualifying cycle might be the time to make a move if they're going to do it at all.

If they do remove Klinsmann, it has to be for someone with more tactical expertise.

8. SwoLy-D

Dude. :eek: Have a LITTLE confidence.

C. Gulit Peña and M. Herrera are out as team is trimmed to 23.

Ferretti just announced Giovanni Dos Santos won't have a chance to score again like in 2011... he is injured according to Tuca.

Time for J. Tecatito Corona to shine!

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

Lucky for Mexico Klinsmann for some reason doesn't rate Feilhaber so you guys won't be getting a repeat of his 07 goal.

10. ipaman

probably because he's brazilian not german, and he's 30. although you would think him being 30 would have helped his cause with klinsy's latest dinosaur call up.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Don't get me started on his "favorites" :rolleyes:

12. ipaman

JK kept a rested 32 y/o Donovan off the WC squad and yet will likely start 33 y/o Beasley, 32 y/o Dempsey, 33 y/o Jones, and 30 y/o Cameron in this match. As a Mexico fan it makes me happy Donovan was kicked out of the NT picture, his smarts/speed always killed us. I think the USA as yet to fully recover/transition from losing him.

btw..., @landondonovan is going after JK hard right now on twitter. said should be fired if he loses this match lol.

13. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea I'm glad Landon said what he said....and honestly I really don't have a problem with those guys being called in. I have a problem with him continuously calling in Alvarado even though he makes mistake after mistake and yet JK acts like he's smarter than every when he says that "Alvarado does things that no one else in the pool can do".

Really? A guy who really just barely came on with America late last year and is back on the bench there is our most useful guy? I think Alvarado has potential but at this point he should be a nice developing CB not penciled in as a starter.

JK's infatuation with people playing in Liga MX and Germany and his ignoring of young MLS talent is my main frustration.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not sure Gulati has the balls to fire him. If we continue the uninspiring and generally crappy play of late, especially with the highly questionable lineup choices, there's no question what needs to be done. I'm just not convinced it will happen.

Alvarado must train really hard and be the first when they do conditioning drills. Can't think of another reason why he gets the minutes he does.

15. SwoLy-D

Perhaps he's not in the same form? That was 8 years ago and he hasn't scored since that one goal. Meh... not worried even if he plays. :p

Somehow I always see our goalies and defenders fail to cover properly on shots like those. Looks like the Maxi Rodriguez goal for Argentina in 2006.

In regards to Osorio being the new coach after Tuca... I think it's a good choice. I'd prefer a Mexican... but... meh.

16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Well I was there 4 years ago for Bob Bradley's last game, and I will be at the match again this weekend after all. So pumped, and hoping for more American's in the crowd this time. Must have been at least 90% Mexican fans last time. I think they way they distributed tickets this time will make it more likely there are a few more American fans.

If we lose, I certainly agree with Landon that Jurgen needs to be removed. I certainly don't have a ton of confidence going into this game, much like 2011.

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea I don't have great confidence based on the past few months but to be fair our team has looked best when playing these short FIFA window games the past few months.

It's when Jurgen gets them for extended camps when I notice the gameplay looks worse...something to consider.

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Wish I could go! Money is on USA. Big game for the Americans.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Stop, don't be one of those Donovan lovers. The guy was past his prime. JK is a talented coach/recruiter and I trust his decision to keep him out. Let him continue to bring in top talent that the USA has lacked in recent years. More guys playing for big clubs and getting exposure at a young age. He's rejuvenated American soccer.

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Leaving Donovan off the roster was 100% personal and had nothing to do with performance. Donovan went on to lead his team to the championship and would have been a far superior option to Wondolowski once Altidore was injured.