1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

No. But it could be "We're the best team in the division" or "We can still make the playoffs".

sidenote: I hate using the "we" pronoun when describing a sports team I'm just a fan of.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A must win game to save a face for the team.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What's the endgame for the Texans? What do we want as fans? Sold out stadium? Being competitive? Playoffs? Super Bowl?

We can do the first three. We're not winning the Super Bowl anytime soon with this squad. We desperately need more talent in key positions and the best way to get that talent is through the draft.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Texans are gonna win the next 4 games book it. :eek:

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Even with a win, this team is not likely a playoff team. That's just going by talent level and statistics.

Football Outsiders has us as 30th best despite having only the 22nd hardest schedule.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's really hard to say that though, no one thought the Ravens had a chance when they won their last SB. Just winning the division and getting into the playoffs would be a very positive development for the team. You want a culture of success, not one of failure.

Being in favor of tanking when you still legitimately have a shot at winning the division is just a loser's mentality IMO.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Agree. 8-8 Should be enough to win the division this season. That should be the team;s goal at the moment.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Colts
    Jags
    Dolphins
    Titans

Could very well happen and if it did the Texans would be sitting at 5-3. Of course they have to actually win this game first before any of that can happen.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah but what's the point of a QB if the rest of the team is trash? They've invested too much in the defense and they should be playing better. The defense can drag the team to the playoffs. Draft mostly offense the next year and they're well on their way.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Go for it. DO IT.

[​IMG]

*Because I know you'll do what I say! :p

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

After four games. All that could be changed...starting tomorrow night.

12. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, people are acting like a QB will solve everything, but it's still a team game.

You can't win with a good QB if the rest of your team is below average

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

signed,
    Falcons 2013, 2014

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Right, he's been bad because of terrible protection. Against the Texans, with 3 seconds to go through his progressions, he'd eat us alive.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Ravens were coming off multiple winning seasons and had a disappointing 2012 regular season, yet were still 10-6. They weren't a bad team that teams dismissed.
    There are multiple positions that we can address through the draft, not QB alone. Rick Smith isn't the best talent evaluator but higher draft picks at least gives him a better chance to pick BPA for our positions of need.

16. Mr. Clutch

The Falcons prove my point exactly.

They have been terrible or very good depending on the talent they put around Matt Ryan.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

LOLOLOLOL!

18. Mr. Clutch

I know, I'm being far too generous.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....I could see pessimistic fans looking at it that way because it's not like the Texans have Watt and Clowney to pressure QB's. So far the issue has been a secondary that keeps leaving people open, not the D line failing to pressure QB's. Also, the Colts' O line is trash, much like the Texans' O line has been most of the year....but people only consider things like that relevant when it's a QB like Luck performing poorly.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The narrative would be that we beat crap teams...which I would gladly welcome, but it doesnt mean the Texans are necessarily even an average team. That will remain to be seen when we play teams like the Jets and Bills.

The beauty of the Texans schedule and conference is that it's easy...and therefore, winning 9 games and getting into the postseason is easy...but that really doesnt say much for the quality of the team.

Obviously, I welcome the playoffs no matter how it gets done, but let's not act like beating the Jags and Titans really means much. It means something...but it doesnt mean we're a playoff caliber team.