1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not since 2005, the stros made it this far.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

How old were you?
    What were you doing at the time?
    Any good long lasting memories?
    How drunk were you during that run??

2. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Freshman year of college at North Texas. Drunk. Very drunk.

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I remember driving back to Texas from Oklahoma (visiting family) at night with my Dad and listening to game 4. It was pretty depressing getting swept but seeing the Astros play at all in the World Series was awesome. That was a good time in my life and a great memory for me. I was sober because I was 15 but I definitely had my fill of CiCis that night.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My oldest son was born on Sept. 30th. I was trying to watch the games and keep the baby asleep was my challenge.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Freshman year of college at UT-Arlington

I was dating a girl who really, truly, honestly thought she was friends with Hillary and Hailey Duff, as well as several other young female actresses. Why did she think that, you ask? Well because someone with a MySpace account claiming to be those people had friended her and they had several conversations through MySpace email. I tried to tell her that they were CLEARLY bogus accounts, but she insisted. I should have ended it immediately but she was hot, much hotter than any girl I had been with before. In the end that was a mistake cuz I never got laid, she dropped out to become an actress (lol), and she started dating a supervisor at a Starbucks without even telling me she we were done. After avoiding me for a couple weeks she told me on AIM that she was in love with Starbucks guy. Dafuq.

Then I started dating this girl who was a senior at Duncanville HS. That's a much longer story that is very uninteresting.Then I dated the girl who I will always remember as the greatest mistake of my life.

My roommate was the creepiest person I've ever met although he was nice. I just never knew if he'd kill me in my sleep and feast on my corpse.

It was an odd year relationship-wise for Haymitch. School-wise I didn't do so hot either, failing to get my 3.5 GPA and automatic transfer into UT-Austin. So to SHSU I went. I'm most thankful that I hadn't yet joined CF and therefore didn't create any horrible relationship advice threads that I would no doubt come to regret.

Anyway during and after all this I followed the Astros religiously. I was so happy they got to the WS that I didn't even really care that they were swept. I didn't drink much back then so no fun drunk times. I'm a fairweather fan nowadays, buy from like 95-05 I was a die hard Astros fan. I found some Astros fans up there and we'd watch the big games together.

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Sounds like you dodged a bullet there. Barney was right though.

[​IMG]

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Living out my last few years as a bachelor, footloose and fancy-free. Met my wife in 06, married in 08, kids in 11.

I remember screaming so loud after we closed out the cardinals that I was horse all day the next day at work.

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I was a Freshman in HS probably getting my pickle tickled for the first time. Probably drunk off of 1 bud light.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

7th grade, I remember those games, the atmosphere at MMP was insane, as loud as I've heard any baseball game.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My wife joked last night that her first marriage was just starting to end. I'd been married less than two months and so was mine!

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good times at UH when students were skipping class and filling the Satellite and UC to watch the games haha

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

12 and I had just fapped to mambo number 5 video

14. SuraGotMadHops

Senior in college. I was so depressed after the Pujols homer, I thought we for sure we would blow the series, after we won the pennant, I was so elated I jumped into the apartment swimming pool fully clothed.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I was a young kid. My mom and sister had just moved to Houston with me at the time. My dad would meet us on weekends and take us to Astros games sometimes. I remember going to this one game where Roger Clemens pitched and Jason Lane hit a home run. It was a lot of fun. Great memories.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

In College....drove down from College Station to Houston for one of the games. The one vs the Braves right before the 18 inning game.

Drove down just for the game, enjoyed the hell out of my time at MMP...it was an amazing experience. Drove right back up and met up with some friends at the Corner Bar in CS to celebrate the win etc till last call.

Good times.

Talked about it with my GF last night....she was still in highshool at the time.....

17. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I was 10 and went to most the playoff games. Best memory was being at the 18 inning game, or just watching them go to the WS. I was not drunk because I was 10

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

For those few weeks I became a baseball fan and had to quickly learn the rules. Then we got knocked out in the end and I forgot about baseball again.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Freshman in High School. Still watched baseball at the time, might have been my favorite sport. I didn't start watching basketball religiously until junior year.

I was 4 11 and fat. My dad made me sell my xbox so I would stop being so anti social. Good move on his part.