1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith Threatens Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by theoldblood, Oct 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Someone who already subjected themselves to this torture, can you just quote the relevant sentence or two?

2. Raven

Raven Member

No. Stop doing PR for SAS. No one cares what he thinks, and if a new thread is made every time he says something stupid, the entire front page would be clogged up with his constant babbling. Remember, every time someone starts a thread about SAS, an angel kicks a puppy out of heaven.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In my opinion I'm NOT THREATENING <a href="https://twitter.com/KDTrey5">@KDTrey5</a>. I'm only stating facts!</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/651085795374288897">October 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't say I disagree. The talking heads just tell you what they want you to think or feel in any case. Marc Stein, for example, must get cash under the table from Mark Cuban for helping keep the Mavericks brand alive. Stephen A Smith hawks New York, Ramona Shelburne (triple ugh!) hawks the Lakers (along with many others), etc etc.

There are a few intelligent, subjective sports journalists, but they're wrapped up in all the branding, too, so those few who go rogue show up at work to find themselves locked out of email and their chair sitting in the parking lot. (See SIMMONS, Bill.)

We'll see what happens with Screamin Stephen. If any punishment is doled out. I'm gonna guess, um....nothing happens. J-a-c-k-s-*-*-t.

#24 ROXTXIA, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Screamin A Smith - 22 years experience of utter garbage being spouted. Obviously no one comes close to you idiot.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Stephen A is doing his job.

This beef garners ESPN ratings. He just signed an extension for a reason.

I love this, he did a good job defending himself.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Ratings. Yawn.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is why you don't attack the media as a player. They have big mouths and an outlet to common people who don't know any better. No matter if they are right or wrong, factual or not, it's almost always a lose-lose situation for a player. Just sit there and pretend to be happy for 15 minutes, answer questions in the most PR and non-informative way, say a few prepared soundbites, and get out of there as quickly as possible.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If I were Durant, I would make a deal with Woj and rock SAS's world.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Did not watch because I value my ears too much.

So are they gonna fight or what? I've always loved Celebrity Deathmatch.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess when talking heads make themselves the news it's a good thing. :rolleyes:

12. ths balla

ths balla Member

I just find it ironic that when an athlete who is criticized daily by the media for their performance decides to turn around and criticize the media about how they do their job, the media cant handle it

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

for the average player i agree. but for a superstar player like KD, this could blow up in SAS's annoying cheesepuff face. with his fame, bank acct, other nba players, and other media contacts, KD has a lot of options on the table right now..

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

SAS just seems. Uh. Pretenious

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I made it to 3:26 before remembering that I don't care.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think SAS would respond to this by saying that he doesn't criticize athlete's character and integrity, he just criticizes their games. So it would only be comparable if KD was criticizing SAS's writing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not mistake the above for me defending SAS in any way. Every time I hear him I want to cut off my ears. I'm just trying to think of how SAS would respond to such a statement.

17. dragician

dragician Member

i'd pay front seat ticket if Dana White make this to UFC 200 main event.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh yeah no doubt, that's true too.

If Durant had dirt on him, it's not like it has to go through SAS.

I'm interested in seeing what they (ESPN) do about it. Making threats on TV is only saved for the WWE and this is far from the first time SAS has been in trouble.

I guess it's why they have him there. To drum up drama like he did.

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Damn if I was a superstar like KD or lebron I would talk so much **** to reporters like Stephen and skip(in a funny friendly way) but society is so sensitive.

KDs reply should be, "what are you gonna do? Sit behind that desk an hour each day and Twitter to spread rumors while I live your dream in the nba and make hundred of millions? I could buy first take and fire you if I wanted"

*Drop mike, hand Stephen his participation award*

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Does Stephen A Smith look like a lesbian tranny to anyone else? Was my first thought the first time I saw him.