1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[SI.com] James Harden's superstar summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Sep 30, 2015.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I refuse to give si clicks and I cancelled my subscription when they put a soccer player on the cover the week the Rockets won #1. You know if the outcome had been different the Knicks would have been on the cover. Screw si.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I get you but putting a football player is so much better than putting some overweight fake tough guy egg ball player.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People care too much of what the media thinks...

4. rimrocker

You have to realize that back then there was si and Sport Magazine. No internet to speak of. I had subscribed from when I was a wee lad and every year they put the new NBA champion on the cover as they did with every major sport. But not the Rockets. si can lick me.

5. baubo

baubo Member

I still remember that incident clearly and getting pissed. I also bought the commemorative issue when it was later released. I bought it again the next year when we beat the Magic. I was paying them with my allowance since my parents to watch sports.

Yeah, it was annoying but holding a grudge for 20 years is a bit much don't you think?

1 person likes this.
  6. baubo

baubo Member

Fixed

7. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

SI can go pound sand.

1 person likes this.
  8. rimrocker

10-4 Good Buddy.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I admire your resolve.

10. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I'm a younger guy, but yeah SI has always rubbed me the wrong way. Plus, between the internet and CF I can get 1,000 different takes on an issue than what an author of an SI story is trying to make you believe.