1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Minny doesn't need anything.
    PF: KG, Bjelica, Payne
    C: Towns , Dieng, Pekovic (when and if he comes back).

Towns can also play pf.

2. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

D-Mo and T-Jones and some trade exceptions for Tristan Thompson signed under the 6.9 million 1 year tender. More cap flexibility for next summer

#502 ballplayer, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. fv court

fv court Member

Paul George is complaining about extended minutes at PF this season. Trade Terrence Jones to Indiana for Myles Turner PF/C on a good rookie contract.

4. Mr Chuck Norris

So they're going to trade their lottery pick for Jones because PG13 is whining. I'm quite sure they can get someone better

5. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Turner is nowhere near as good as TJones

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

The Bulls have a surplus of bigs (Noah, Pau, Gibson, Mirotic, Portis). Portis was one of the most NBA ready bigs in the draft, and would likely play on many teams. Meanwhile, their wing talent is pretty outside of Butler (Dunleavy, Snell, McDermott). In addition, they lack athleticism outside of Butler/Rose (and Gibson I guess, but I'm talking about the perimeter). They could use an athletic defensive wing, so Butler doesn't have to burn himself out chasing around LeBron in a 7-game series while still being expected to be the #1 offensive option.

I could see them targeting a guy like KJ McDaniels, especially if he shows something (aka gets some PT) here.

I like D-Mo, Jones and Harrell, but with D-Mo being hurt, him and Jones both being up for extensions after the year (at least one will be gone, whether that's next summer or Jones getting dealt during the year), and Harrell being an offensively-limited rookie, a guy like Portis could be a great get on a rookie deal (for KJ).

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

***their wing talent is pretty thin outside of Butler

8. basketballholic

Another post of the year candidate here.

You've got to be kidding me.

9. malakas

malakas Member

You are absolutely 100% correct on the Bull's need. A lot of their obnoxious fans are expecting a trade any time now. BUT their FO is always very reluctant to do trades.
    What you are not right about is them targeting KJ. Their new coach wants everyone to be able to shoot. He won't like someone like KJ who is all defence (for now).

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I think that award goes to you sir, as well as a few more.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Without any doubt, his contract situation is much better. Similar skill set.

He used to have something about ridicule being the last resort or something like that in his sig. Then he posts stuff like that. BBholic is all over the place, but at least his love for the game is real. Even when it's not grounded in anything.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

If it wasn't for continuity I'd rather have turner to be honest. Stretch four with shot blocking? Sign me up

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He hasn't played even 1 nba game yet, how can you be so sure that he's going to be better? What if he's a total bust, or never amounts into the same tier of talent that Jones is in?

I just don't get these ultra confident post with no substance behind them. I mean there's a pretty decent chance Turner develops in a better or equal player to Jones, but unless we've seen him play games or your par of Indiana's coaching staff how could you possibly be so confident that he will be a better player to the point where your going to try to humiliate other posters about being right or them being dumb.

Basketballhollic just being Baksetballhollic I guess.

14. basketballholic

You gotta know talent. I don't know how good Turner will be. But he has 2 distinct advantages over Terrence before he steps foot on an NBA court:

1. Length - He's a legit 7 footer. Terrence will never be that.

2. A finely tuned jump shot - Terrence doesn't have a jump shot after spending 3 seasons in the Association.

It's ridiculous to claim Jones is better than Turner.

You're asking me how do I know Turner won't bust. The more pertinent question is after 2 consecutive miserable post-season performances what makes you think Terrence is more than another pedestrian player in the NBA?

Turner may be a bust. But even if he is you can still put him on the floor with 3 seconds left and have confidence that he can knock down an open jump shot.

Shooting and driving are the two most important skills in basketball. Turner can shoot it. Terrence can't. You can argue Terrence can dribble better perhaps. But shooting is by far the midst important skill of the two when it comes to big men.

Length is the most important physical factor in basketball. Turner has it. Terrence doesn't have nearly as much of it.

Instead of me justifying that Turner is as good as Terrence is, the Terrence lovers should have to justify why they think Terrence is better than Turner.

#514 basketballholic, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Some people really need to get off their high horse. Not only that stop acting like your some type of talent evaluation expert. You have been wrong about T. Jones since the man got drafted by the Rockets. You started off saying he will not see any playing time as a Rocket. Each year he will be traded. Now l you're on here saying Turner is better. Lol just stop it, you never followed Turner's collegiate career.

Holic stop the madness man. Good grief.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Isn't this the same kind who had to have a gait assessment pre-draft because teams were afraid his limping running style was an injury waiting to happen? Turner has great length, size, work ethic and is very good shooter but he is very stiff/not explosive and that will affect his agility and ability to defend the perimeter. Might be a liability for a defense that likes to switch as much as the Rockets.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not so sure that Portis will be better than TJones. TJones is more explosive and has similar size. Portis may not even be as good as Harrell. Would not do this trade for KJ. Dekker for Gibson/Mirotic sounds better.

18. malakas

malakas Member

YES!!! He has serious concerns because of that in long term health.

And everyone should just ignore posts who claim to know the future of a player before he has even played. :rolleyes:

Dekker for Gibson works better for both teams. Mirotic is worth MUCH MUCH more than Dekker. But the truth is that the Bulls would want someone more experienced and productive. What if Dekker is a flop? Then they will have THREE young sfs who are incosistent and unproductive. (Snell, McBuckets).

If they go down the trading route I see them more likely to try to get Bradley from Boston for a first and young prospect (Snell) or smth.

19. bmd

bmd Member

In Terrence's first summer league, in 25.2 minutes he averaged 18.2 pts, 8.6 rebounds.

In Myles' first summer league, in 25.2 minutes he averaged 16.2 pts, 7.2 rebounds.

You are banking on future hope rather than how good they are right at this moment in reality. As of this very moment, Jones is a better and more experienced basketball player.

20. basketballholic

You have absolutely no evidence that Terrence is a better player right now. More experienced? Sure. By reason of being drafted 3 years ago. But that doesn't make Terrence better. You have zero evidence that he's better right now.

I'm not banking on Turner's future or talking about Turner's future. I'm talking about Turner's length at 7 foot. That is current. Not 3 years from now. But right now Turner is a 7-footer and Terrence is not. And that isn't going to change. And right now Turner is the far, far superior shooter. That is all about today. Not tomorrow or next week or 3 years from now. Today.