1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I'm A Grown-Up Now": The Teen Who Accused Kevin Johnson Of Sexual Abuse Speaks Out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Sep 25, 2015.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

2. generalthade_03

The "Little Barack" is a perv.....interesting!

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Below was written in this story :

"Johnson retired from the NBA in 2000 and left Phoenix for Sacramento, where he went into politics and became mayor of his hometown. He’s since faced sexual-abuse accusations every so often. These allegations have been made by different people in different places and at different times, but tend to follow a very similar pattern. "

-----------------------

This is very serious stuff but the author did not provide any further details to back it up.

It is very hard to believe this kind of statement without at least provide some kind of facts.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

What? The article goes into detail about alleged assaults with multiple girls through Johnson's St. Hope school.

Detail which, unless absolutely made up - possible, but seems unlikely - paint a pretty clear picture of Johnson as a habitual accuser of teenage girls. It seems part of his nature. He can't help himself. Maybe one day it will catch up to him... one could hope.

Yes, there's still the chance that it is all 100% made up.
    And there's still a chance that Bill Cosby never did anything nefarious.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is not a fair comparison.

Kevin Johnson the basketball player was never at or even get close to the level of Bill Cosby being a performer.

Which at least explain to some extent why Bill Cosby was able to cover most of those disgusting shlt.

If Kevin Johnson is doing this kind of thing for a long time, you can explain he maybe able to get away when he was being the politician but you also will wonder how can a NBA player has that kind of power to get away with so many times?

I have no bias in this story and I don't know if those are the facts or not.

But if the author mentioned that he actually had been doing this for a long time and just keep getting away with it, he/she better provide some good facts to back it up otherwise its hard to convince people to believe it.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Read the article. Read the article that it is linked to. Read the numerous articles.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

On the other hand, Cosby's accusers were mostly adults at the time of the crimes while Johnson's were minors.

Proving abuse of children is always messy.

8. withmustard

withmustard Member

Maybe I misread it but I was confused about her age. Didn't it say she was 15 years old in 96. How is she 36 today?

9. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

So reporting how several girls/women (from Johnson's charter school) have come forward years after Mandi's initial complaint isn't factual enough? How about details as to his caressing of their breasts, and inappropriate touching consistently matching his other offenses?

Or how about you simply didn't read the story to the end, or research for other related articles found online?

Deadspin did outstanding work here. KJ is a piece of **** and his handlers/attorneys can burn in hell, too.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

I didn't read to the end, but it says 36 yo woman now has 3 children. Does she have a husband for those children? If not, it would explain a lot. And 15 yo girls aren't innocent you know. Not saying child molesting is ok, but I watched "Leon the professional" (1994) yesterday and it was about a girl falling in love with a grown man. Girl was 13 year old Natalie Portman. Don't want to say spoilers, but that movie was borderline creepy and yet I watched it because it made the top 20 or 30 of best movies ever.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, and in that movie. even the professional killer knew it was wrong to take a advantage of a little girls crush. Regardless of how much they may come on to somebody, it's the legal adults responsibility to say no.

So yes, you kind of are saying child molestation is OK.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think it said she was 15 when she started spending time with the accused. But I didn't see that age directly in the same sentence as 1996. I think it all holds together, time wise.

What a sad story. I remember something about that accusation, long ago, but I didn't know he had other accusers. Seriously sounds like the dude has a problem and at some level he knows it. The "let's pray together" guilt made it sound completely believable to me. Yuck.

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

15 year old and younger is legal age for marriage (and perks that come with marriage) in parts of the world. Aren't we thought to tolerate other beliefs, religions and opinions? Gay marriage is now legal and it was a bigger NO NO than molesting for ages. And on that note I end my presence on this topic, in fear of FBI investigation. I'm innocent, but too many innocent people were tortured by US government that I don't want to take the risk. Go Spurs Go!

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

15. malakas

malakas Member

open layup once again demonstrates his blatant sexism by some victorious victim blaming.
    I suppose you are in favour of child marriage and pedophilia too? Why not respect the sexual need of a pedophile too?
    You are trully disgusting.

16. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Molestation or abuse is wrong, regardless of age...really hope KJ is innocent, but if not he should be brought to justice. Would be a damn shame, I always though KJ was one of the few players who was truly down to earth and carried himself like a true professional on and off the court.

17. Handles

Handles Member

Awful news. What I find even more awful is her reactions to it all. It obviously still affects her in many ways. She blew all his money on nothing, had an eating disorder which sent her to the hospital, still get sick at his scent?, and it sounds like she's having trouble parenting.

I won't act like I know anything at all about abuse or molestation, but I am surprised she would be affected to this degree. Part of me thinks she should "let it go" but again, I know nothing of the subject except for one of my good friends who was raped.

Another part of me thinks she's absolutely right to bring this back up, especially if he's pursuing politics.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

OpenLayup-Why3? is Kevin Johnson?

....but seriously, just so we are clear - your post is full of ignorant statements and poor logical arguments and that's before we even get to the shameless victim blaming your partaking in. There are differences in opinion and there is just being plain wrong. You are the latter.

19. malakas

malakas Member

sorry for your friend.
    I think it also has to do with what she went through after the molestation itself.
    She was accused from the press , public shaming ,and in the end she had to accept dirty money to keep her mouth shut. She felt like she sold off to that man also her dignity for money. And it led her to severe all ties with her only family, her mom.
    I don't think that's easy to let go. Well rape and molestation alone is not just something to let go easily.
    Just my opinion.