1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It looka like a bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 15, 2015.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I love the way a few die hards are desperately trying to redirect the narrative using conjecture and conspiracy theories.

We cannot rule out that they might be upset at all of this attention Ahmed is getting.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

There is a part of the population that gets off on perceived racism. It makes them feel morally superior. They display outrage and then go to bed thinking they are a good person.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What do you consider wrong with being against Sharia "law"?

Are you in favor of Sharia "law"?

If so, explain yourself.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sharia law is already banned in the United States. It's called the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Any state or local level government legislators attempting to create a law 'banning Sharia Law' are doing it to pander to the fear of their insular xenophobic constituents.

Part of me knows that you probably already know this and are purposely attempting to be disingenuous.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

https://www.rt.com/usa/263529-us-muslims-sharia-law/

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

7. fchowd0311

I don't know how Amy Horowitz has any more credibility than me in understanding the Muslim community in the United States as I know them quite extensively in two of the 10 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. (Houston and Boston area) and an overwhelming majority of them love the rights granted to them in the United Staes. You believing Amy Horowitz more than me has more to do with your preconceived bias more than anything.

I was born and raised in these communities. I also willingly left Islam and am not afraid of speaking my mind of the morally reprehensible acts of the prophet.

And like DudeWah stated, the article is a complete non-sequitor to my claim that any local or state legislator attempting to pass a 'ban sharia law' bill is doing it out of a desire to pander to an insular and xenophobic constituency. They know if they do this and are vocal about passing this bill, their insular constituents will be like "At least she is doing something about that darn muslim problem!" just like that drunk chode wants in the Trump rally.

Sharia Lw is already illegal and poses zero threat to American sovereignty. Muslims have little to no political clout in the U.S. And like I said before the first amendment already bans any form of theocratic legislation.

If you are sincere about the assertions you are making right now about American Muslims and the need for these anti Sharia law bills and you are not being disingenuous, you should just cease making any further comments because you know little about the political climate or the Muslim community in the United States. Stop making assertions out of your ass. You know that I am very willing and capable of criticizing Islam or individual Muslims and Islamic theocracies when needed. I'm telling you that you are WRONG on this.

#527 fchowd0311, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It has to do with it: The higher the number of conservative Muslims in a country, the more support for Sharia "law" you will have. Just look to England and France.

mc mark had posted that being against Sharia "law" makes you an "Islamophobe" and "paranoid".

Nope, it makes you a reasonable person, because Sharia "law" reeks of intolerance, homophobia, oppression of women, to just name a few aspects.

Plus, in contrast to what fchowd posted, there are self-proclaimed "Islamic Tribunals" in the USA. http://www.islamictribunal.org/about-it/

9. fchowd0311

Wow... that has everything to do with CIVIL matters such as banking. Catholics in the U.S. have similar entities.

Again, first amendment... Sharia Law poses zero threat to American sovereignty.

And Christian theocracy also reeks intolerance, homophobia, oppression of women, to just name a few aspects. Yet Catholics have similar entities in the U.S and I don't see you b****ing. Probably because you aren't naive in this matter and know that this is all to do with civil matters that hold no jurisdiction in criminal court.

And it seems as if you didn't take your time to read your own link which I assumed you just skimmed the title and read "ISLAMIC TRIBUNALS" and fiigured it was sufficient evidence to your claims. Instead, you opened yourself up to being destroyed.

Last line of their 'About' page: "IT’s decisions have to be fair, just and conforming to legal proceedings at the local, state and federal level and recognized as such by the courts."

#529 fchowd0311, Sep 20, 2015
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And why should religious "law" cover civil matters, especially when

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

fchowd, I see that you haven't fully freed yourself from some of the defensiveness and attitudes you have been brought up with, like being totally anti-Israel, and still being defensive about certain things, even though you have already come a long way. It's understandable, as you seem to feel like you are defending your family by doing it.

And yeah, I am fully prepared for you launching an angry rant now about me being condescending or whatever.

11. fchowd0311

"IT’s decisions have to be fair, just and conforming to legal proceedings at the local, state and federal level and recognized as such by the courts."

First Amendment: "Religion and Expression. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

Sharia Law is already banned in the U.S.

Also, all these civil laws are voluntarily enforced. As in a non-Muslim is in no way threatened by these civil courts. So I'll say it again. Sharia law poses zero threat to American sovereignty.

Almost every religious entity in the U.S, Southern Baptists, Jews, Catholics etc have similar entities where members voluntarily abide by.

Also, I defend what I see is worth defending. I am active in many ex-Muslim communities and forums and depending on an individuals situation such as region, many ex-Muslims are extremely unforgiving and have a deep hatred for their families and Muslim communities that they belong in because those communities deserve it. The Muslim communities that I belonged to in the U.S(two of the largest metropolitan areas in the U.S.) deserve my defending from any fear mongering of them.

#531 fchowd0311, Sep 20, 2015
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...stops-sharia-court-here-is-her-epic-response/

13. fchowd0311

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are being extremely defensive. I'll start a new thread for this discussion.

15. fchowd0311

16. fchowd0311

Yes, I am? No ****. You are making assertions out of your ass, quote mining, and not posing even handed criticism. Did you **** on the Christian community in the U.S when Huckabee stated that God's law trumps the supreme court? You would have if it was a Muslim American wouldn't you?

#536 fchowd0311, Sep 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't think that's what he was trying to get at.

He didn't assert that being against sharia law makes you an Islamophobe. That's not a reasonable interpretation of his comment.

In the United States, anyone who would join a cooperation against sharia law in the United States is likely an Islamophobe because as fchowd is pointing out, there's zero threat to this country from sharia law and every reasonable American understand this.

You have a very strong bias that leads you to desperately want to paint the situation and context as otherwise but it's not the case.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's what he said.

"Islamophobe" is a misnomer. Islam is a religion, but also a supremacist political ideology.

And as to "zero threat to this country from sharia law", that is only because of numbers. There is certainly a threat to the rights of Muslim women who get dragged to a sharia court.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

20. fchowd0311

Are you naive or disingenuous? You KNOW what he meant. Anyone actively trying to seek legislation against sharia law are doing it out of fear mongering as there is already a law in place that bans binding sharia law, the first amendment.