1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TABC Is Now Investigating Kung Fu Saloon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dachuda86, Jan 11, 2015.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

2. Buck Turgidson

You should be charged a cover just for living in Midtown/Washington/Heights/Montrose. Double charge if you are not from Houston.

Go back to Cali/Fla/Ore/Wash/NY/wherethe****ever. Please leave Texas. Just go away.

3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I've been to pretty much any spot on Washington, Midtown, and Downtown.. Gaslamp is by far the most racist place, If you aren't white you will be charged a cover fee. I have no problem paying a cover fee if every other guy has to do do the same but it definitely isn't the case here. Showing up with females doesn't really help your case.. I avoid that place at all costs. Rather go to Dogwood, 3rd Floor, Drinkery, etc.

4. droopy421

droopy421 Member

GF wanted to go in as we walked by Saturday night. They wanted to charge us cover. I'm white, she is Hispanic. I refuse to pay cover anywhere unless it is a band playing or fight on tv.

5. Cranberry_Juice

Look not everyone is previliged enough to live in Katy bruh!

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Only since 1964.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm not white and I've gotten in without paying cover (first floor only) most of the time. I did have to tip to skip the line a couple of times.

I've always had to pay to get into the second floor..sometimes as little as $5 (effin petty). I'm light skinned but not white enough I guess. LOL. Gaslamp is whack anyway.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wonder how bars and club have gotten away with this for so long. They accommodate the public so how have they been allowed to discriminate?

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why are you surprised at this?

To quote myself from earlier in this thread.

Look this was always on the cards. This place is notorious for being racist ever since they opened. I'm a frequent midtown hopper but I try to stay away from this place esp on weekends.

Utter BS. We went with a group of 6 guys and 6 girls and they wouldn't let us in.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's no place in houston's bar/club scene worth any of this trouble.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cover has two uses: Keep the riff-raff out and keep the bar from being overcrowded.

I've done some doorman work and cover was always subjective and usually up to me. If the bar was empty, no cover. If it was getting full, I charged cover. My call on men/women cover. If I looked back and it was a swinging dick fest, I would let ladies in free. The easiest way to not pay cover is to be nice to the doorman. b****ing gets you nowhere, especially with women. I really don't want to hear the whining- double cover for you, girlfriend. Cover for thugs of any race was always a ton, enough to have them keep walking.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you left out another use, cover that gets pocketed

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

How do you define thugs for each race?

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Midtown is just awful. Way too crowded and loud. Wait forever to get into a decent bar, then have to wait forever to get a drink.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I went to school with one of the door guys.

He actually was made fun of because he was considered a "wigger"

Far from racist. The cover charge is important in my opinion. Keeps the bar full of people willing to pay money.

Owner is directing orders, not the doormen.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If my boss asked me to do something racist I'd spit on them. I'll leave the following of racist orders to the Nazis.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I'm guessing people who become doormen don't exactly have that many job options.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm actually thinking they can find equal pay and benefits within 3 hours.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with race. It's about money. White people pay cover at Gaslamp too. You have to know the door guys well to walk in

Cle is the hardest place to get into atm. Their door guy is black. Vrsi.. once it's open will have Justin again (Asian guy from Roak). People despise him. I got cool with him after tipping a few times. Justin is a male power dancer for the Rockets. Lol

#199 sammy, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Probably overall demeanor and personal disposition.