1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets New Alternate Uniforms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rlivz, Sep 14, 2015.

1. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Feigen: Rockets to debut new alternate uniforms

This was a leak posted a few weeks back:
    [​IMG]

Not too excited about two new sleeved jerseys, one of which (assuming the grey) are replacing our ketchup and mustard alts this year and the next debuting next year.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That leaked image says 15-16, so perhaps the new Pride jersey isn't there yet? Hopefully because they said they will replace the current alternates with this new one, and I much prefer the current alternates.

3. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

The article says the Pride and the home alternate will happen this year, and the quote in the article says the alternate will use a color from our scheme that hasn't been a primary (the grey in the leaked image). The road alternate will debut in '16-'17, so it won't be on the leaked image for '15-'16.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

5. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Ugghh, so they are going to red of the alternate red and gold ones a lot of us liked?? Better get one while you can! Guess the primary colour is indeed going to be ugly ass silver / grey. Funny how the NBA and teams try to have so many different jerseys just for sales and there's only a handful that actually look good. Sleeves, good lord..

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

*replace the alternate

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Of course Les would get rid of THE JERSEYS FANS ACTUALLY LIKED.

SMH.

8. stmeph

stmeph Member

Guess I'll have to get the current alternate this year before they switch to the new ones for 2016-17.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We're gonna have these same stupid uniforms for the next 20 years. We are being trolled successfully by our own team, lol.

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Yup, seems really weird. Just add one for home games and you're done..

How many jerseys are we going to have:
    - two regular, new years, chinese, spanish, pride, two regular alternates? That's 8!! Any ones I missed?

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

This doesn't say anything about replacing jerseys? It is just listing the ones that are either new or updated?

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I really like the Clutch City jerseys!!!... if only they didn't have those goofy sleeves.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really do like the current alternates, I wish they were our regular jerseys. If they do end up getting rid of them, that's shameful.

14. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Pride replaces the current throwback alternates:

So we have actually 2 new alternates, the Pride jersey, new New Year's Eve, Christmas + our 2 normal ones, Spanish, Chinese! That's 9 :O

15. bmd

bmd Member

I guess the thinking was this:

They wanted to do "Clutch City" pride uniforms. Obviously, for "Clutch City" uniforms, they'd have to go with the ketchup and mustard color scheme.

Because that uniform will have the retro color scheme, it wouldn't make sense to also have the ketchup and mustard alternate they've been wearing for the past however many seasons. It would be redundant.

So they probably decided to do something cool with the current color scheme as another alternate.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This "Pride" jersey talk is making me think we're gonna have rainbows floating across the front and sides... lol no offense to anyone of course

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I know it won't happen, but I wish we got the current K&M alternates in the new jersey cut before they took them away.

18. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

19. bmd

bmd Member

You mean sleeved?

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL @ those grey sleeved uniforms. Is Les drunk when signing off on these uniform deals?