1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is playing right now on ESPNU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 13, 2015.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Charity game with players who went to Kentucky and North Carolina.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Nah, I'll stick with NFL :)

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Hell yeah, thanks man

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Just now tuning in for the postgame interview, and there's absolutely no replay. ****!!!

5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Spoke too soon. Replay tomorrow @ 3. T Jones' postgame interview got me extremely hyped for the upcoming season. He's ready. Rockets are ready. RED NATION IS READY! :grin::grin::grin:

6. bmd

bmd Member

I think he had 19 points. His shot looked good. He drained a few 3's.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks, I turned it on too late. It's the LSU game now.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I taped it to watch later... TJ looks healthy now from the bit I saw... I'm excited for the season

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not special, doubt he even makes the final cut for the charity team. He should be grateful his ass is even allowed to practice with that team.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

DMo is going to the hall of fame. and otis thorpe should be the back up.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

#11 RedRedemption, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

No Ty Lawson for UNC? Damn, really want to see him play.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Can't wait for Lawson to be feeding Jones on the break for alley-oops. Hopefully he adopted a Faried-type mentality and tries to dunk everything!

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

As nice as that would be, I doubt it happens. Ty will be feeding those to Howard. Plus I'd bet Dmo gets more minutes than Jones this upcoming season.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jones is a player just made for exhibitions and charity games. No defense, and as much flash as possible. That's just perfect for a player like him.

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I can see it. Jones is an up and down, fastbreak oriented player. If there are opportunities to run, he will be on the break. Big reason why he isn't a very good rebounder, despite his size and athletic ability, is because he rather break out than fight for rebounds haha

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You make good points but our PF needs to rebound. Which is why I don't think he will be the starter this year. Imagine if he got in there like Tristan Thompson on D and rebounded and contested shots. Pair that with his athleticism and ball handling. He could be great, if he stays healthy. But he doesn't do that. If he comes in this season with that mindset then it would be great. I just don't think he will and he will probably be traded away at some point this year.

1 person likes this.
  18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

DMo isn't a particularly strong rebounder either. I believe his stats and advance stats has him as a poorer rebounder when compared to Jones. I do think Dmo will be the starter this season though but because he is a better compliment to the starting lineup, especially Howard.

I will say this about Jones though. I do believe his full potential is as a 16ppg, 11rpg with 2 blocks. He has had stretches where he is a double double machine for a week or so, but then reverts back to 10 and 6 for the next handful of games. His problem is consistency and focus. If he can ever manage to get those problem solved, he can be a huge asset. But I do believe he is our biggest trade asset that we won't mind losing for the right price, along with McDaniels.

As an aside, Tristan Thompson isn't a great defensive rebounder or a great defender, either. He makes his money hustling for offensive rebounds, which is what he is elite at.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Im not fond of Jones either but damn man its like he stomped on your loved ones. Are you related to that homeless guy? Lol.

1 person likes this.
  20. yo

yo Contributing Member

Kaylee Hartung is a babe.