1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is getting that 8th Seed in the West?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketsmanhk, Aug 4, 2020.

?

Who is getting that 8th Seed in the West?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2020.
  1. Memphis

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. Portland

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  3. San Antonio

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. New Orleans

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Sacramento

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Phoenix

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

All 6 teams battling for the 8/9 seed are within 4 games now and a play-in tournament seems like a certainty. Who you got making the playoffs?

I personally think Memphis will drop out of the 8th. San Antonio and Portland will battle for the 8 seed and the Spurs will get it.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Portland is the best of the rest....

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Fefo

Fefo Member

Portland is definitely the best of the pack, but they have almost no chance. Their schedule is really hard and they already lost some ground. I think betting against the spurs its an easy way to loose money. They are not a great a team, but i feel they will end up with the 8th seed.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Memphis disappoints.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Spurs is low key dangerous now that LMA is out and they are forced to go small..

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Pelicans have the easy schedule but they will probably lose , same with sac, gonna be a fun to see who squeeks in, ya i can see why alot of people think portland, cause they have the better team, but im gonna go out on a limb and say pelicans with motivation to make the playoffs and zion.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It would be cool if Memphis, Portland, and New Orleans could somehow play for the last spot. I haven't looked at standings or remaining schedules, but I predict it will be New Orleans and Portland playing for the final spot.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess it is a best of 2 among the 8th and 9th seed.

8th just need to win 1, 9th 2 games.

Jaren Jackson is out and Memphis would be lucky to win 2 games along the way.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

no chance? they're sitting in the 9th spot. they probably have the best chance at this point with memphis losing JJ jr, they're likely going to drop out of the 8/9 spot completely. Leaving 2 spots open for the play in series for 8th seed.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm rooting for phoenix. They're playing very good basketball right now at the right time. A playoff series experience for Book and that young suns team would be great.

I hope it comes down to portland/phx for the play in series.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

goat zion deserves it

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

My bet has changed to Portland.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

When i posted this, the game against us wasn't done yet, and could have easily gone against them . But thats not the only factor, look at their schedule, its the hardest by far of the teams fighting for the 8-9 seed.
    They belong in the top 6, not only talent wise, but that roster, now that s its healthy its really good, but they got in such a deep hole that its going to be hard for them to comeback.
    I hope they do, coz nobody wants to see them in the playoffs, they are a scary team for LA, especially since they got the size to match them and the lakers got nobody to guard Dame and CJ. Ill love to see that matchup.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

There really isn’t a “harder”. A casual person could look at Phoenix on the schedule and think that’s easy. Not realizing they’re the hottest team playing great basketball. It’s a bubble with special circumstances. Even when you posted it regardless if Portland won or loss they were still right there for the play in series. The hole isn’t deep at all.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

The suns :]

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am never counting pop out! Ever! That man pulls rabbits out of his hat with nothing in front of him.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who would give the Lakers the best series? Portland.

Who would be the feel-good story? Phoenix.

PHX would have to essentially win every single game leading into the playoffs - those during seeding to have a chance at the play-in, and the 1 or 2, depending on if they end up the 8th or 9th seed.

You'd have a bunch of guys that make it into the playoffs for the first time, including Booker. PHX would get demolished by LAL, but it'd be fun to see what Booker and Ayton can do in 4-7 games.

amaru likes this.
  18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

And then the spurs go on to win a championship under poppovich

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

one day, people will look back and say "if the suns would not have won so many games in the bubble, they would have been able to draft [generational talent player].

amaru likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Without Oubre.

Booker and the bench have been a revelation.