1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kendrick Perkins: Two MVPs are Phenomenal!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is basically why I've been on Team Russ since the start.

I know they don't really mesh on paper, that is obvious...but if Harden has a bad game there is Russ right there to take over and do his thing. And I think that is huge, Harden didn't really have that in Dwight because Dwight was never a guy...even in his prime, that you just gave the ball to and he'd make something happen (despite what he thought of his abilities) and he had it one year with CP3 and almost won it all.

Russ is just pure energy and when his team is down late you can tell he just turns it up. Doesn't always lead to the best decisions but the energy is there and in these games where they do feel like playoff games I feel hopeful

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Attacking/Not-having-to-do-too-much Russ is AMAZING.

4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Basically the Rockets are the most dangerous team in the league right now. No one wants to play them...

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

In the last 30 games Russ has been averaging 31 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists on 51% shooting from the field. I love CP3 as a player but he couldn't handle that kind of scoring load on a nightly basis. Last year especially he struggled to lead the second unit when Harden went to the bench because we didn't have those kind scorers around him to set up. Russ doesn't need that. He can create the open shots AND score at will on his own.

I wish Russ were a better shooter so that he could play off of Harden as well as the other way around, but we've found a way to maximize Russ' effectiveness. If he and Harden both have it going at the same time, which is pretty likely, we are tough for anyone to beat. They're both monsters.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so true....and this requires a proper photoshop... i hope to do it tommorow!

JayGoogle and D-rock like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The best part of this thread is that you used a pirated video. If you're gonna watch these garbage sports talk shows at least use a pirated YouTube link.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Deckard
    Media obsession

See a pattern?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member