1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny speaking #facts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnshroom, Jul 3, 2020.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

i agree with everything the Jet said right there.

He is typically the most reasoned of the TNT analysts.

He might be wrong... but his reasoning usually is well thought out and makes sense.

The 93/94 Rockets would/could have beaten any version of the Bulls from 90/91 through 94/95.

The 94/95 Rockets would have the same, and put up a decent fight against any of the 95/96-97/98 Bulls. I would favor them against the 97/98 Bulls, "last dance" be damned. I'd favor the 95/96 and 96/97 Bulls against the Rockets and maybe against any team ever, so that's not saying a ton. 94/95 Rockets though, once they hit that groove in the playoffs, would have given them a good long fight. That squad took out what, four 60 win teams. Took out Malone, Stockton, Jerry Sloan, Barkley, KJ, MVP David Robinson, Shaq and Penny.

This year's Rockets have a chance. They'll probably ultimately be "too small", but they have a good chance.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny is a fraud.

When it is time to win, put SamIAm in...

BigShasta and fattz like this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

@tinman thoughts?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Loved Sam too and felt that he was better player back in the day. Thought he should start.

But there was a reason Kenny started with Dream. Kenny was an integral in-out option for 4 out system that Dream simply dominated in.

Kenny was much better 3 point shooter and his contribution very underrated.

jcmoon and Patience like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Kenny speaks

Yup

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Cassel wasn’t anywhere close to a better player the years they won the rings.

He just had that fun bench guy thing going for him

later Sam became the better historical player. Kenny had some very solid years when he was younger but best cassell was just better and for longer. He was an all star and finished all nba second team once.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He was also on the most recent Bill Simmons podcast and talked about how he felt The Rockets would have faired against those Bulls in the finals. Worth a listen

D-rock likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

"If they still had Clint Capela..."

Naw, Jet. If they still had Isaiah Hartenstein.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I disagree. Even as a kid, I thought that Sam was the more skilled player. As a rook he could come of bench and create for himself.

Sam was an integral part of rotation almost from the start.

Again, Kenny was the better fit because of his 3ball.

#10 D-rock, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    plutoblue11 and fattz like this.
  11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

People keep living in this MJ fantasy.

If it were the best player, LeBron, Wilt, Dr.J, would have like 8 rings.

SAS says if MJ thoroughly played with rest, they would've beaten a team that they struggled with even in his untouched prime.

People will say it was regular season, but we are talking about "petty-grudge holding MJ" on the sprinting Bulls. The Bulls had the best record through the regular season and were top dogs, but they couldn't beat Houston, like they did most teams.

Houston brought the Nightmare in the middle, 3 point attack and depth, especially with players, like Horry, Cassell, and Elie. They had a player who could actually guard MJ with some success in Mad Max.

They had ancillary stars, like Drexler and Thorpe who could also score and make big plays.

Chicago had great defense, but it was weak in places where Houston's offense was at its greatest. Olajuwon is the one sets the tone. Give any budding playoff team Olajuwon and that team would give fits or outright beat the Bulls.

BigM and D-rock like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Scottie Brooks finished most games because Kenny couldn’t or wouldn’t, it looked the same. Kenny would cry to the media if he didn’t get the start or his minutes were cut even if the Rockets won.
    Kenny was combo guard and Sam was a point guard. The ONLY reason Kenny found success here was Vernon Maxwell could guard anyone and that left Kenny to hit open 3’s.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clutch city rockets are pure
    They will defend the Rockets championships forever
    Just like real rockets fans on Clutchfans

and I understand that the Stephen a smith fans
    Don’t like this

@Os Trigonum

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny smith’s contributions to the Rockets titles were not one game only

@Ziggy

it’s easy to point out the fake fans here

they are like tiktok users who get mad if they don’t get likes for their Taylor swift dancing videos

Ziggy likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

If Stephen A Smith or Kenny Smith got you riled up
    that means they are really good at their jobs, I know Stephen A makes $10 mill, and Kenny probably a few million

If Kenny Smith took a dump on live TV on a giant poster of James Harden..

IT WILL NEVER CHANGE WHAT HE DID AS A PLAYER

I understand that most people here on Clutchfans, are PURE SUCKERS FOR MEDIA TALK SHOWS and DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GAME AT ALL

Like I said, the worst thing that could happen to the current state of Clutchfans is if Stephen A or Max went on vacation
    @Os Trigonum

Also, the Rockets have NEVER PROVEN KENNY WRONG

16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

No love for Scott Brooks?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure, not many people here remember when we first got Kenny Smith
    and how awesome he was

he was not just a person standing at the 3 point line. that's the I only saw the videos of championship fans

I think nobody remembers this except, real rockets fans

I'm glad #1
    @Clutch

remembers

#17 tinman, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

You posted the most admired person on the GARM

Stephen A Smith

He's obviously more important to people here than Rockets History, James Harden or Russell Westbrook

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

This was a weak, weak defense from Kenny. Regardless of whether MJ had a better overall career in terms of winning, for those 2 years Hakeem was not going to be denied, which is why he did it twice in a row. Rockets would have beaten the Bulls. The Bulls were not built to defend a 4-out offense with an unstoppable force in the middle.

Here is why: MJ was not as unstoppable against the Rockets as Hakeem was against the Bulls - because matchup wise we could throw Max or Clyde at him whereas the best interior defender they could show was who exactly? Rodman came later IIRC. We would have the most dominant player in the series, and I don't know if any other team in that era could say that. Even Shaq demonstrated that it was possible to beat the Bulls from the inside out. MJ crushed Orlando the second time around though.

Jordan himself has never denied the validity of those titles and has heaped praise on Hakeem. Greatness knows greatness. Kenny doesn't seem to think those two were in the same ball club in 1995.

HP3, Patience and D-rock like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny mentioned the Rockets were 6-1 against the bulls before 1994

plutoblue11 and D-rock like this.