1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers hate Rockets more than Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jun 30, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.clipsnation.com/2020/6/...ry-tunnels-patrick-beverley-russell-westbrook

That’s why, when thinking of the Clippers’ chief rival, the Lakers aren’t the top option: that would be the Houston Rockets (even though the Rockets don’t appear to feel the same way). To be clear, this only reflects the team’s current rivalry and not who the Clippers have battled with historically — we’ll get to that later in the week. This may not be who fans think of as the Clippers’ rival, but the Rockets are certainly the team that incites the players, and Doc Rivers, more than any other squad in the NBA.

Houston Rockets greatest rivalries:

https://www.thedreamshake.com/2020/6/30/21308042/history-of-the-houston-rockets-greatest-rivals

Hakeemtheking and sirbaihu like this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Clippers have not forgotten about the ass pounding Josh Smith gave them

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, Rocket fans, this is a good thing.

To be hated is to be relevant.

You don't ever see anyone hating the Hornets.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Of course they don't hate the Lakers, the majority of them are Lakers "fans" who bandwagoned over the instant Kobe retired.

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

they don't hate the Lakers because as soon as one of the two LA teams is out of the playoffs, the fans suddenly change allegiance to the other team.

10. alethios

alethios Member

I still have that game 6 against the Clips on my DVR and watch it whenever I need a pick-me-up.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's like an ex gf who hates you, except yall never dated. creepy.

BHannes2BHonest, napalm06 and Ziggy like this.
  12. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Rockets took the mantle as the league pariah once KD left the Warriors. With both teams and fans. It's been unchanged in the media since the Harden area began though. It's always been the low hanging fruit to bag on the Rockets in the media.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The disrespect to the great Pat Bev!

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I do wish Mike Dan Tony knew what he had in Montrezl Harrell, though. Never gets played in that embarrassing playoff series to the Spurs; ironically, he'd be perfect for the team Dan Tony and Morey have assembled. (Sure, he still doesn't shoot threes, but runs the floor, blocks shots, etc.)

Not surprised at their hatred, though. CP3's departure, the former Rockets wanting to stick it to us, and so on.

lilbird20 and kjayp like this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think Montrezl was supposed to stay with the Rockets in the original deal, but there were cap misunderstandings/mistakes that necessitated he be included.

D-rock and 34to11 like this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This got me thinking about this year’s matchup if these teams meet in the playoffs. Below is a list of each teams best players and which team I think has the advantage in that given player match up.

Best player
    Harden vs Kawhi - Advantage Clippers
    This is tough but I think Kawhi is a better player when he is healthy. It pains me to say that bc I love Harden, but I truly think Kawhi is a better player.

2nd best player
    Westbrook vs George - Advantage Houston
    This is close but I see Westbrook doing more to win than George. Maybe it’s just a personality thing bc George is quite while Westbrook is demonstrative but I think Westbrook does more to win games.

3rd best
    Gordon vs Lou - Advantage Houston
    Gordon is a much better defender and I have a feeling that Lou isn’t going to be a big factor in this matchup. I could be wrong but I think Lou will have trouble with Gordon and Rivers guarding him.

4th best
    RoCo vs Beverly - Advantage Houston
    It’s a close call here as well. Both will have very similar jobs. They will both try to make things as difficult as possible for the opponents best player and spread the floor. RoCo gets the advantage here simply for his weak side defense and ability to block shots.

5th best
    PJ vs Morris - Advantage Clippers
    Both are very good on the defensive end but Morris has a better offensive game.

6th best
    House vs Trez - Advantage Clippers
    Trez might be a big problem for the Rockets. I can’t say the same about House being a problem for the Clippers.

7th best
    Rivers vs Jackson - Advantage Houston
    Rivers is a much better defender and as long as he is hitting 3’s, then he is a better player.

8th best
    Green vs Green - Advantage Clippers
    Jeff has to be consistent to win this battle. Idk if he can be consistent enough.

This is a very close matchup and there are arguments that could be made throughout this list. I hope these two teams meet in the playoffs bc it’s the best matchup that I see in the West.

Jontro and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

Mathloom, lilbird20, xaos and 3 others like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Houston vs LAC should be the wcf not the two LA teams

carib, JW86 and DM'sVP like this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

That is because they have no sting :rolleyes:

If they started winning titles, the hate would ensue.

Sajan likes this.