1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Garnett real mad at T Wolves owner dismisses talk of Wolves retiring his number

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Apr 8, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You got to the love some of the owners out there
    broken promises?
    hmmmm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...olves-retiring-number-says-forgive-team-owner

Kevin Garnett dismisses talk of Wolves retiring his number, says he 'won't forgive' team owner

Then Saunders suddenly died of lymphoma, and the Wolves were forced to move on with new leadership. Garnett told The Associated Press in 2017 that he believes promises were broken. He retired in September 2016 after a tense buyout negotiation with Taylor.

"My years in Minnesota and in that community, I cherish," Garnett told The Athletic. "At this point, I don't want any dealings with Glen Taylor or Taylor Corp. or anything that has to do with him. I love my Timberwolves, I'll always love my guys, I'll always love the people who f--- with me there. I'll always have a special place for the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota in my heart.

"But I don't do business with snakes. I don't do business with snake motherf---ers. I try not to do business with openly snakes or people who are snake-like."

2. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

You don't call someone a snake in public just because you didn't get what you wanted.
    That's just childish.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More like GlenjaminChen...

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guess KG & KD won't be doing any future business together.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

T Wolves fans better hope KG doesn’t replace Barkley on TNT
    @Os Trigonum @Reeko

6. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

That snake gave him the highest salary when he was barely old enough to drink.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

What kind of promise broken do you think would cause a star player on TNT to hold a grudge against a team and owner?
    ;)

BossHogg713 likes this.