1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the first time since 2017-18 that I feel the Rockets should win every game they play.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 25, 2020.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Obviously, no team wins every game they play. But in 2017-18, it felt like they were going to win every time they stepped on the floor, and it was an anomaly if they didn't. But these past two seasons, I never felt confident any time they stepped on the floor. Sure, they would win a decent number of games, but they never felt like a well-oiled machine. Wins weren't exactly coming easy, and losses were higher than expected for a contender. They never seemed all-in on their identity.

It seems now they know exactly who they are and are confident in what they are doing. Westbrook has figured out exactly how to play on this team. Harden is Harden. The roster is filled with capable role players. They know how they want to play on offense, and they've now committed to an identity on defense. And they have the right personnel to do it. 1 through 13 on the roster are capable NBA veterans.

I haven't felt this confident in this team's ability to win games every time they step on the floor since the 2017-18 season when they could rattle off 10 wins in a row like nothing. And they still have 25 games to improve even more and really mesh as a team heading into the playoffs.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Sorry to be a debbie downer. Id like to say hey! right on, but its the NBA, and those shots will sometimes not fall. If the 3pt shot is not falling and the other team finds a way to contain Harden, but lets westbrook do his thing, and it a close game, that so much where the final 2:00 there shots are falling and or houston just cant get back into the game.

Rockets are going to lose the game if there shots are not falling. doesnt matter what team they are playing.

- Tonight could be a perfect example, Memphis is surprising teams, and Ja Morant can come out and beat you, along with there other guys.. Just to put in retro spec...

The Memphis Grizzlies are the second best team in the NBA in turning offense into defense, generating 5.8 points per 100 possessions.

Rockets need to watch out for this, because it could hurt them. Rockets must not take them lightly or it will bite them. Expect playoff like game.

joeson332 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

With a healthy Westbrook, I agree with you. Covington is better than Ariza and Westbrook is better than CP3.

rhee, slickricky, sammy and 6 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

CF's just loves to jinx this team.

Drogba and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm partying like we just invented the bow and arrow and we're mowing down enemy infantry in every war. And any day now, somebody's gonna discover gunpowder and we're screwed. So live it up!

LCAhmed, Deuce, Jake Tower and 25 others like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think we already discovered gunpowder and someone else is going to invent drones.

Caprah, D-rock, Drogba and 2 others like this.
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're playing the Grizzlies tomorrow night.

D-rock, Red Nation RGV and hakeem94 like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lmao no!

Drogba likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every single team can lose If their shots aren't falling.

Rockets are actually more capable of winning in this scenario with the way they score in the paint and get to the FT line. We manufacture points out of nothing as well as anyone.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If the bench wins us a game I will get on this level ;)

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Westbrook is arguably worse than CP3 right now. You should look at CP3's performance against the Warriors in 2018 before he got hurt. Westbrook needs to prove he has it like this in the Playoffs.

Covington is better than Ariza, but we had a better PJ Tucker and an actual rim protector in capela that year. Now we don't have anybody at center.

Also Eric Gordon has clearly declined, he was actually good in 2018.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Id take prime cp3 over prime Westbrook.

I think the 2018 team would beat this team but I’m just happy we’re back to being a contender and not a dark horse. Jsut wish our rotation was set.

14. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

In the playoffs good teams will deny Harden the ball and back off Westbrook forcing him to shoot (and he will with the pride and confidence that brought down Rome). This combined with the forgone conclusion that the refs will indeed swallow their whistles on calls in favor of Harden (like every damn year) against either of the LA teams means the Rockets will be out in the 2nd round... unfortunately

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

except they don't plan the grizzlies tonight... he also did say he feels like they have the ability to win every game not that they will win every game. He also said he would feel like an anomaly had to occur that resulted in the loss i.e shots not falling
    let not guy have his win!

16. bmd

bmd Member

That's how teams are playing the Rockets now. Hasn't worked. Westbrook with this much space is hard to stop at the rim.

maw7079_2000, jcmoon and hieuytran like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Or ... we now have access to the secret tunnels of all opposing team locker rooms (not just the Clippers), making our surprise attacks very successful league wide. But as word spreads to guard your backdoors, we will find we still need a smiling Capela to knock on the front door as diversion.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Only the Refs can stop us now!!!
    *SMILE*

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

HOW MANY JINX THREADS MUST WE ENDURE @J.R.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't expect them to win every game
    but
    1. I don't expect no blowouts
    2. I don't writing "More than likely a Loss" anymore
    3. I feel a little safer with leads . . .a little

Still an uphill climb

Rocket River

joeson332 likes this.