1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are NBA officials doing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Dec 4, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

First Harden missed dunk now this?

WTF is going on?

DD

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the penultimate goal of the 2019-20 season is to get both LA teams in the WCF, by any means necessary. scott foster being in attendance to put gobert on the bench in bs foul trouble off of alleged moving picks that donkey would consider penultimate weaksauce... was just part of the broader picture initiative

Gray_Jay, Tfor3, slothy420 and 7 others like this.
  3. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Clearly they're scared to make a simple call on LeBron. This league is something else.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe we should use robots....

Tfor3, RustyHarden and Lawlruschang like this.
  5. nemac

nemac Member

I'm just sick of the subjectivity. And whistle swallowing and playoff rules and prolonged reviews. Refs have too much influence. On the other hand an ai would be cut and dry,the amount of stoppage would triple as nothing would escape it even off ball so we would need a loosening or simplification of the rules to make it still fun. Like no free throws, just award a point and keep playing.

6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

this league is so far up its own ass that the only thing that fans of non-LA teams can hope for to derail the nba’s script of having an LA centric basketball universe is for season ending injuries to any of the key players on those teams.

the nba makes it so hard to just be a fan of basketball... and the nba shoving their narratives down our throats of what they want makes us needlessly hate/want certain players to suffer injury/misfortune for no real reason other than knowing its hopeless for everyone else otherwise.

im done watching this season unless lebron/ad/kawhi get season ending or career ending injuries or the rockets go on a berserk run. dont hate me for wanting players to get injured. hate on adam silver and nba cronies for ****ing up what is supposed to be a competitive sports league and not scripted entertainment. no one asked for this. we just want to watch sports. it’s not even about your team winning or losing anymore. it’s gotten to the point where you’re thinking “does your team even fit in the nba’s narrative and will they let us win?”

there is no more integrity in this shithole of a league. they just shitted on fans who actually live and die basketball and catered to all the casuals who won’t even be there a year or two down the road.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When you say LA teams, then it is obviously just the Lakers.

I would even giftwrap a title for the Clippers. They were a laughing stock of a franchise.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's kinda amazing how every year you assume they can't possibly be worst then the previous season and then boom, that's exactly what happens, the refs need to have less control on games.

After years of rigged ****, in soccer they started using replays on pretty much everything and in a much more free way, and things are much much better now then they were just until a couple of years ago, the nba should do the same, more technology = less power to the refs, that's how it should be, refs should be out there to enforce the rules, not to dictate the games, but that's exactly why it might not happen.

And just saying, if three refs can't catch a travel like that they need to get fired cause they're either in bad faith or just too blind to be referees.

Tfor3, BigDog63, slothy420 and 5 others like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

looks good to me

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I’m telling you these dudes are idiots.

Tfor3 and fckbandwagons like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

a fourth official would not help

Rocket River

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How can someone who has been playing basketball all their life just do that though?

Tfor3, PDXPal, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The best refs were the ones in the lockout season but the narrative was that they were going to make the game 3 hours long. Total lie, they want to control the wins. High School refs are the best

Rocket River likes this.
  14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

NBA is the easiest league to manipulate the games by way of refs if they wanted to change the outcome. Non-call here, phantom call there, ball looked like it didn't go in.. can't tell so I'll just call it goal tending, someone landing in your space.. too bad offensive foul on you.. lets try and make it a flagrant.. on and on and on. To me it seems like the league is targeting Harden this year. Dunno if that's payback for Moreys deal or what but they are focusing on controlling him.

15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Hasn't he done that before? I feel like I've seen a video of him doing that on the Heat.
    Honestly, I think during practice, the teams just let these guys play this way and it becomes a habit.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Looking at it...

It looks like the trail official was watching off-ball screen action in the lane instead of watching on-ball.

No reason for him to watch off-ball in a 3-man crew...blown call by the trail official.

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

It's nothing new.

RustyHarden likes this.
  18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm sure Lebron knew exactly what he was doing. "Watch how much bullshit I can get away with"

heypartner likes this.
  19. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

NBA refs are getting paid 6 digits to blow a whistle and call the game right. They are professionals in the best league and they're ****ing up on the most simple calls.

clutchdabear, Vivi and Lawlruschang like this.
  20. justinh

justinh Member

rigged. i still watch, but the older i get, the more i believe the 3 major sports are really just like the WWE.