1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Third Party Perspective of The Houston Rockets (Jazz fan)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 26, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like James Hansen. He always seems fair:

Sorry to hear about your accident if you read this, bro.

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Nice vid
    I agree with him, the media narrative that we won’t work because there’s only one ball is the same as when Chris came to the rockets.
    They also forget or they don’t take into account how many games Chris missed this season or how many games we sucked hard. We were a mess and also we lost a ton of games that we should have won or we let slipped.
    At least we could have won 10 games easily. Even with the horrible start, we had a chance to get 2nd seed. But we lost some easy games. And specially the last game against okc. Oh yea Brody got their win but we had that game if we had stayed focus.

And that really was the reason we didn’t go to the western conference against the warriors. Because we lost a couple games (specially the last game).

And some of them were from injuries, some because they just were careless with the lead and some because of chemistry. Some games you saw something not meshing. It was more obvious the first games were nothing look good. And we looked like we were going to miss the playoffs. We were in 13th or 12th place. Playing like we didn’t care. And who carried us, Harden did.

Anyway these reasons give me confident about this season. When Chris joined us we won 65 or so, then I’m sure we will win more than 60 wins with Russ and pretty much the same team back.

Idk I just can’t see how Denver, who we were closed to passing in the standings can be above us when we had a bad start and we had so many injuries. Russell alone carried okc a couple season all on his own. Even with all the stats padding. He got the thunder on the playoffs so that he could win the MVP. Because imo if they didn’t make it I’m sure the media had no excuse but to give it to Harden. Even with him averaging a triple double.

SO yea we will be good.

#2 cerophilik, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

There are a couple things I like about this trade. Russ likes to push the ball up the floor early. Clint and Russ rim running early in the shot clock will be fun to watch and good for the offense. If the break get defended, then kick it out to Harden. I don't see entire quarters of Harden walking the ball up the floor happening anymore. Second, some of those bad losses where we were up by twenty and then bricked 3 after 3, I don't see happening with Westbrook. He will drive and make things happen instead of relying on the three.

arkoe, BigggReddd, BigDog63 and 6 others like this.
  4. vince

vince Member

Yeah, I subscribe to this guy too. He is very reasonable to listen to...

dachuda86 and don grahamleone like this.
  5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

The only acceptable Jazz fan.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I like this guy a lot, seems coool. But...lol would you guys still like this guy if he said some uhh not so positive things about the Rockets?

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He can stick his Yankees hat where the sun don’t shine. Other than that he seems like a pretty good kid

Jontro likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great find! Haven't heard anything from him in a while, but really like his takes. What Hansen had to say about the Rockets was exactly what I needed to hear, and I suspect that much of what he says is shared by many on the BBS when we daydream about the coming season. If Harden and Westbrook gel, and they've done it before, and we can manage to stay healthy, then as scary as this trade looked when we made it, like this cat said, Morey could end up looking like a genius. I think Morey gave too much in the deal, but not having made an explosive move of some kind would have had us worrying about the team running in place, not making the bold move to get better. Morey rolled the dice and they're still tumbling. We'll see how they fall soon enough.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Excellent d g

I agree with the fella on some points.

I would put the ball in Westbrook’s hands to begin most (not all) offensive sets. Harden CnS from 3 is 41.4%

Ast% for Harden was 39.5% and 39.3% for CP3 last season (per basketball-reference.com)
    Westbrook was 46.5% (ast%). Westbrook does well distributing the ball.....well enough.

Problem I keep hearing is, “how efficient CP3 was shooting the ball.” Unfortunately CP3 was too selfish last season
    and was more focused on distributing the ball than aggressively taking his shot. It was missing most of the season.
    The final game (vs Warriors playoff game) was the CP3 we needed all season. Again, unfortunately, health of CP3
    took center stage and overshadowed much of the theme of last season.

Westbrook can hopefully take advantage of the spacing Rockets players provide and attract the defensive gravity
    towards the paint....this is where Westbrook’s ast% being greater than both Harden/CP3 last season (while being
    part of weaker players/shooters on the perimeter —Thunder) pays dividends. Hopefully Gold dividends.

Don’t worry about Westbrook taking his shots. They will come more often than CP3 looked for last season.
    Should be beneficial to the Rockets in the long run.

#9 ApacheWarrior, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    saleem, hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  10. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Zdog is still my favourite

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If it was just CP3 for Westbrook and nothing else changed about the team from 65 wins I would be really confident. But we lost our two best perimeter defenders and lots of depth. PJ came off the bench for our 65 win season.

Heck even Anderson played a huge role in the regular season. He was shooting like 75% from three on passes from CP3 the first half.

Even if westbrook is an upgrade of CP3, the rest of the team isn’t even close to what it was.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

ESPN needs to find a way to simulcast his videos. He's better than 99% of the people they have now.

B-Bob, ribbit, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

breh is a rockets fan, or at least has htine roots/connections. it's the only reasonable explanation.

14. don grahamleone

And ZDog, but yes.. just those two. And my best mate Craig too. But he doesn't do online videos. :)

Killatron 2000 and Deckard like this.
  15. don grahamleone

I encourage him regularly on Youtube and twitter. I think my friendly approach has softened some small degree of hate because he knows he has fans that aren't Jazz fans. He knows his ball honestly. He picked the Raptors to come out of the East last season.

B-Bob, D-rock and Deckard like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did he really pick Toronto to come out of the East last season? Damn! That wasn't an unreasonable pick on his part, but he did better than the overwhelming majority of the talking heads ESPN trots out and claim as their "experts."

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

If they were accurate, sure. The very first thing he lambasts in this segment is "the narrative." The narrative is where most of the outright annoyingly wrong things about the Rockets come from. Internally, as dedicated fans who actually watch the games, we have our own list of things that bug us and frustrate us about the team. The team is not perfect by any means, but if you actually know enough to properly identify the imperfections and also acknowledge the good where it exists with the bad, go right ahead. This guy, unlike 99% of the national media, seems to actually have that capability.

HP3 likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

Yeah, he did. I'm not sure how crazy of a pick that was though. Not believing Boston was the real deal isn't that big of a deal. The Boston crew clearly thought they were better off without Kyrie. They proved their worth in the playoffs before. Picking them over the Sixers was quite something though. The Sixers looked great on paper last year. I felt like the Bucks preseason wasn't exactly a known quantity so the Raptors made some sense, but if you told me Leonard was only going to play 60, I'd be skeptical.

Anyway, good call by the man. He ended up being right. I wish he would've announced the Rox as next year's favorite.

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That kids got a screw loose .… but its entertaining to hear him spew venom on the Rockets after they curbstomp his beloved Jazz. Its almost as if someone killed his puppy.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep. That's the primary benefit here. Rockets HAD to get someone else who could drive.

hakeem94 likes this.