1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It appears with the new season officially started and several random trade threads popping up we need to start this up again.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

DJ Wilson for Memphis 2020 2nd Round Pick. Fits into the Brandon Knight TPE. 6-10 with a 7-3 Wingspan. Shoots decent from beyond the arc in limited minutes.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

4. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Dario Saric fits one of our Trade Exceptions.
    Send one Second Pick.

beardsanity713, ilias and H-Town Info like this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I thought about him as well, but why do the Bucks give up on a recent 1st round pick for a (potentially high) 2nd?

treyk3, D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno is another option for SRP.

smoothie, fattz, treyk3 and 1 other person like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think we need a starting PF in order to play Tuck more at SF (or at least allow him to switch off when necessary).

I honestly believe Marvin Williams will get bought out by Hornets before end of the season and will be a target for acquisition.

That being said, I would love to be more proactive and acquire a PF before the start of the season.

I would love RoCo - but I think after the WB trade and our non-use of the ability to acquire more talent in that trade that RoCo is no-go.

Some PF's I think we could acquire and wouldn't break the bank are (favorites and plausible bolded)
    F DJ Wilson (MIL) (like @D-rock pointed out)
    F TJ Leaf (IND)
    F Khem Birch (ORL)
    F Bruno Caboclo (MEM) (like @D-rock pointed out) Grizz have 17 under contract before cutting Howard and someone else has to go
    F Noah Vonleh (MN) if T-Wolves eliminated for contention
    F Marvin Williams (CHA) probably bought out after the trade deadline if not traded to a contender
    F Kelly Olynyk (MIA) would be the best option, I just don't see a path to his acquisition right now
    F Davis Bertans (WSH) Wiz apparently had a directive to make the team more international, but Bertans might be a good rental for Rox
    F John Henson (CLE) coming off a wrist injury, but could be very productive with Rox with a developing 3 pointer

Two pre-season plausible options
    (1) after August 2nd
    Deyonta Davis + Trevon Duval + Chris Chiozza + Michael Frazier + William McDowell-White + Gary Clark played at Cincy + MEM 2020 2nd to CLE + HOU 2021 2nd for F John Henson

(2) Deyonta Davis + Trevon Duval + Chris Chiozza + Michael Frazier + 2020 1st to WSH for F Davis Bertans + WSH 2020 2nd
    might have to include Gary Clark instead of one of these players

Just some thoughts.

rhee, ilias, fattz and 2 others like this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Will Clark ever go
    Any thoughts on Clark growing into a rotation worthy player? We saw the talent some last season then his playing time just flatlined. We may have what we need already, IMO.

jch1911 likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just one tho't: you. would. give. up. a. 1st. for either of those deals???

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

For Bertans... if WSH send a 2nd back our way (Bertans is on 1 year deal... so it might be a rental)

For Henson... maybe (once again... if Cavs sent a 2nd back)

I think Cavs will be more willing to move Henson than Wiz moving Bertans.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Bertans is listed at 6’10”. I’m afraid he is about three inches too tall to be on the Rockets. But hope is the last thing to die.

MrSabotage, xlr817, Gray_Jay and 3 others like this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Valid point... I would try to keep him if we could (obviously), but other teams are usually going to want some talent in return

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree w/the last line, at least.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Three way deal with Sacramento and Minnesota where the Rockets get their guy and the Wolves get a very good player in return who could be aggregated if they so choose.

Houston gets: Robert Covington (of course)
    Minnesota gets : Bogdan Bogdanovic + 2 second rounders from Houston
    Sacramento gets : Iman Shumpert SNT at the lowest number needed to match Covington + a 2020 first round pick from Houston.

Houston gets their man. Minnesota gets a younger player who fits more in with their time line and additionally a player they could aggregate if DLo does become a real option in December and they get a couple of second rounders while dropping salary, adding youth and staying flexible. The Kings get Shump back who they clearly loved during his stint there and they get a first rounder to continue building. With Barnes signed long term now and Hield + Fox as set in stone starters, Bogdan finds himself in a bit of minutes bind.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good work, call it into the league office!

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

SAC needs wings and loves Bogdan. Not sure why they do this trade. Kings are looking to contend this season.

Would love if all it takes to nab RoCo is Shump, FRP and 2 SRP.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Aaron Gordon for Eric Gordon and filler and a FRP if needed.

Solidifies the whole roster

Westbrook - Rivers (gets starters PT by blending in at the 1-3)
    Harden - Green (shooter)
    Tucker - House (6th man role) Tucker’s PT cut back till the playoffs
    Gordon - Clark (defense) / Bennett (offense)
    Capela - Chandler (defense) / Hartenstien (offense)

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Great trade for Houston. Would be a terrible trade for the Magic. Aaron is 7 years younger than Eric, and locked up for 3 more years. They would never consider this trade, let alone consider trading Aaron Gordon to anyone if it’s not netting them a big star.

topfive and Embrace the clutch like this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

They are loaded with bigs and there isn’t enough playing time to develop them all and they just drafted another big. They need instant offense because they tend to bog down with their youth. I am all for putting a pick with it too even out the trade.

If not AG then will they trade some of the less seasoned players? Clark & Bennett are not ready,IMO.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I totally agree that Clark and Bennett are not ready. We definitely have a huge hole to fill but all front offices have gotten smarter. It’s not like the old days where you can pry a young talent from a dysfunctional front office. Even if Magic are loaded with bigs they’re not going to let go of a young talent like Aaron Gordon who has room to improve and is probably a fan favourite unless it involves great picks or a talent equal in age and popularity.

Just finished a workout at my gym and Tristan Thompson is here. Should I ask him if he’ll take a buyout and come here? :)