1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will we fight like we did in the season 17'18?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Jul 19, 2019.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

The Rockets of the 1718 season may be the strongest Rockets team in history to me. We have excellent team and a keen sense of competition.We won 65 games.We're only one healthy thigh short of CP3 from winning the championship.I have always believed in this.To tell you the truth, I am still immersed in G7's failure from time to time.

So, after this off-season reinforcement, we got Russell, we brought Rivers and House back, and we also have a stronger Harden 13, can we even exceed the height of the 1718 season?

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't think the NBA was in existence in 1718

RichieBanks, Dacamel, Roomba and 7 others like this.
  3. Caprah

Caprah Member

Jesuse that avatar is cringe worthy.

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We might be better :)

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

65 games is a humongous accomplishment and you need a lot of things to go your way and a lot of luck
    i like to think this squad can do even better...
    last years squad seemed unmotivated and not hungry to prove something
    with russ here it might change

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who is G7 and how did they fail?

7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Unfortunately, so is the rest of the West. They need another piece to be a favorite for the 'chip, IMO.

Still, 54-58 wins should be fun to watch, and they'll have a punchers chance at the title. Or this thing will blow up like adding Carmelo did, but we should know that within the first 25 games or so.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess unless Keven Lin starts his thread.

9. macan

macan Member

ah hell yea

10. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

What your member name means in English is all I'd like to know...

11. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

疯狂伊文戴德蒙

疯狂伊文=crazy ivan,He's a combat unit in RTS computer game《Red Alert》,He's a bomb-laden terrorist, and his price is very low, but he can die with his opponent's expensive combat units, which can play a great strategic significance.

戴德蒙=Dewayne Dedmon(Now Kings center, once Spurs center in the 16'17 season)
    My member name was inspired by Rockets and Spurs playoffs in the 16'17 season.

I clearly remember that in the series, Dedmon kept trying to provoke conflicts with abuse and ugly physical contact, trying to provoke Harden and Nene to anger, lure Harden and Nene into more intense conflicts with him, let the referee notice him, and ban him, Harden and Nene together

I have always believed that this is Popovich's cunning tactic to achieve strategic objectives by use his cheap soldier to "perish together" with his rival's high-priced soldier

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Crazy Ivan-anyone else get "The Hunt for Red October" reference? Crazy Ivan is a move where a submarine would quickly turn around to see if another sub was following it.

13. Caprah

Caprah Member

It’s not world war 3 it’s just a basketball game.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will to win is about leadership and hunger

15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It's possible but not likely. I think one day Rockets fans will look back on the 17-18 team and realize just how great that team actually was. I admittedly undersold sold them because I didn't think we were strong enough at the 3 and the 4. Regular season Ryno and Luc along with Ariza and PJ wound up being a dream combination of shooting and more importantly solid smart and tenacious defense.

17-18 Paul was by far the best pure point guard play I have ever seen in a Rockets Uni. Harden was unbelievable as usual and even Nene was able to be a beast in spurts.

If the 19-20 Rockets can be better than that 65 win juggernaut that was better than all time great GS with KD, then we should go ahead and start planning the parade.

Gray_Jay, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Houston 1718

SIR

I pray this letter finds you and your family well. I am obliged to write to you in in regards to the gallantry difplayed by the Houston Rockets Basket Ball Club.

After much discourfing and observations from knowledgeable esq. and other perfonages, i find it prudent to report to you the indomitable will difplayed by such; their endeavours and labours reflect a profound referve of spirit.

With all sincerity as your humble chronicler and servant

M. Jonathan Feigen

17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

more f'f!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

No, that's what you're talking about in Google or Wikipedia.

My crazy Ivan is just a fighting unit of the Soviet camp in the computer game, which is divided into two camps, the Federation and the Soviet.

The intent of game makers is to hate and mock the Soviet Union. All combat units in the Soviet camp will be at two extremes: either a huge, heavy and expensive monster or a very cheap "death squad" to mock the Soviet regime.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out the unintended reference to that movie. I didn't even know the term was referenced on Wikipedia. I thought red alert ripped it off from this movie:

[​IMG]

#19 T for 3, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  20. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

;);)