1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

Hey guys, yesterday I received a lot of information and decided to share it with clutchfans.

I am going to leave here some lines so that you understand the "why" of the things that have happened.

The first sensations of discomfort appeared when Chris discovered (months later) that James played an important role in the decision to part with Carmelo. Decision in which Chris did not participate but he accepted because he understood that Carmelo, with his attitude, was not accepting the role he had proposed and this seriously complicated the chemistry of the entire team.

Fertita asked Chris to talk to Carmelo and make him see some things, Chris did, but when everything seemed to indicate that there would be an opportunity to see if Carmelo is coupled, they separate him from the squad.

Before Chris's injury, (December 20), the Rockets were playing in a way, the ball was shared more and there were more off-ball plays and player movement. After that, Harden took on a huge role and the team could never return to that formula that everyone agreed to play to win the championship. When Chris returned from that injury, he realized that the game system was different and did not have the participation he needed. A very reliable source tells me that nothing can be changed because Mike D'Antoni was very comfortable leaving everything in Harden's hands.

After the season ends for the team, and as has been seen, Chris and James have their differences, the guys go on vacation and someone close to the organization expands the rumor that Chris wants to leave Houston, according to a very reliable source, this rumor was installed "from inside" to check CPs market.

After denying this rumor, Chris had a meeting with Daryl, who assures him that he will not be traded and that he does not know where the rumors come from. They organize a meeting between him, Chris, Tilman and James when James returns from his European commercial tour.

One day before the transfer, Chris is informed that Westbrook was at the door and that his name was on the table.

The trade happens.

Greetings to all, have a nice day.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know you can't share your source but my goodness I want to know!

Anyway, I feel bad for CP3. I wasn't in love with that contract by any means but I'll never forget when he was the guy who had us on our way to the championship before succumbing to that hamstring injury. It's unfortunate that he's unlikely to get another shot at the title. He's an all-time great point guard.

bro2044, BasketMAD, bilaal14 and 63 others like this.
  3. threepointshot3

The has been midget wore out his welcome with his chirping and horrible play...btw the team went on it’s longest wining streaks when Paul was injured and NOT PLAYING!

4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

5. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

We felt betrayed when he took the max and financially crippled us. I thought it was about rings

6. 1234567

1234567 Member

CP3 could still land in LA with banana boat captain, don't know how but maybe he goes for a much reduced buyout or Laker trade the rest of decade picks or something

vlaurelio, RyanB and juanm34 like this.
  7. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I felt betrayed by CP3s contract.

And if Harden was the one who made Carmelo disappear...this only makes me love him more.

8. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

stop. Give CP the respect he deserves. We did him dirty when he gave us everything he had and had us inches away from a title

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk if your sauces are good or of the holic/Broussard variety, but if Harden ain’t got the time to deal with scrub Melo nor want to waste the rest of his prime with declining CP0, I can’t blame him

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't feel bad for CP3 at all.

1. Dude is making 40 million a year
    2. This is a business. The team comes first.
    3. He played like trash most of the GS series in this years playoffs.
    4. He's super injury prone and has got hurt in like the previous 4 to 5 years in the playoffs before finally being healthy in this years playoffs. He's due to get hurt next year by those odds.
    5. This "Run It Back" mantra he started just embarrassed the entire city of Houston.

11. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

No way him and rondo play on the same squad. One would have to go

12. threepointshot3

Fu. I ain’t giving that clown no respect. Horrible play and came into the season fat and out of shape..40 million dollar man who was out of shape and couldn’t even get past a traffic light anymore

bilaal14, RocketRed84, MC31B and 11 others like this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Chris Paul trying to play victim after being a little ******* is hilarious. He's gone because of how he acted. No one else's fault. We raped Houston last year with that ridiculous contract and he gets injured just in time to not help. Good riddens.

#13 SF3isBack!!, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fake insiders make me retch, sources confirm.

15. MD_in_Training

Yup, we totally betrayed him with that $160 million contract that no one else was willing to give him.

16. threepointshot3

Yep it’s obvious this clown is no insider

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Rookie poster: CHECK!
    Vague references: CHECK!
    Unnamed sources: CHECK!
    Fake insider: CHECK!

Typical Saturday afternoon on Clutchfans. :rolleyes:

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey feels betrayed by Fertitta as well.

Fertitta sent him to meet with CP3. CP3 asking he would understand if Morey traded him for younger pieces.

Morey said, No, you are here the next season.

Lying piece of garbage, but it's Fertitta telling him to.

I would Morey rather standing up to that liar.

HP3 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

People will talk **** but I don’t feel good about how we did CP3. Felt like the dude just got here, felt like he was going to retire a Rocket. He left LA for us, brought his family over and had long term plans here.

What I want to know @Eddie Cecco, there was a rumor by shams I believe that CP3 met with Morey and said he’d be okay with being moved, but isn’t demanding a trade and is fine with staying as well. More then told him he was staying for sure and they they were going to build with him.

Is the part of him going to the FO saying he’s okay with being moved true at all?

JVL713, Yung-T, malakas and 9 others like this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Don't care at all at this point. Bye Chris thanks for your services. You can cry with your 160 million dollars

Hello Westbrook