1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets may be looking to trade into top 20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Of course, Morey is hoping to get a draft pick after trading the 1st round away for a scrub. And, yes, I’m sure he’ll use it as trade bait.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I’d rather they not, morey can’t reallt draft wortha crap. He just flips picks

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is in keeping with what I'm hearing- the Rockets plan to be very active - particularly with regard to deals that could improve the team.

Developing....

5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

To do what??

Draft a Mook Morris? or a Sam Dekker? or a Royce be Well White ? or a i know my rights DMo? or a Terrnace Jones?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

fake news

Vivi and Nook like this.
  7. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I knew it :eek: #Zion

Lawlruschang and juanm34 like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you’re going to make a crazy assertion like that how about including a source??

topfive likes this.
  9. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Houston has been "trying to get first-round level prospects in for workouts, baiting agents with the idea they can and likely will trade for a pick in the top 20," according to a report from Basketball Insiders. The Rockets do not currently hold a selection in the upcoming draft.

D-rock likes this.
  10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Rockets may be looking to trade for Anthony Davis

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"Come work out for us so that if you flame out on your rookie deal we'll figure out if your 3rd year can help us get under the cap"

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe a Clint Capela or a Nic Batum?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who knows what our end-of-bench non-rotation stiff is worth at this point? Who knows, indeed.

jacoby likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marcus Morris would be fantastic right about now. Good player.

How about Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson or Montrezl Harrell?

How about Jeremy Lamb for James Harden? How about Donte Greene for Ron Artest?

Daryl has had lots of late picks turn into something of value for the Rockets, which is way more than you can say for most teams. Hell, DMelton got rid of Ryan Anderson, which is amazing in itself.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They already got their Davis.

16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

It’s unrealistic to expect Leonard, Davis, or anyone like that. That being said, if the Rockets can move Capela to get a first round pick be it from Boston or somewhere else, that would be really good. My hope is Davis winds up in New York or LA, Boston loses out and takes Capela from the Rockets for Brown and a first round pick (+ filler). We draft a replacement center or trade for one, get a solid 3 man, and rebuild our team from there. Might have to trade Gordon as well just to clear cap space. If Morey can accomplish all of that I would be pretty happy.

treyk3 likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Update:

The Boston Celtics started veteran big man Al Horford at center to start the 2018-19 season and their alternate starting center in Aron Baynes just agreed to return to the team next season. However, according to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders, Boston is looking to bring in a player from the outside to man the pivot.

Houston Rockets center Clint Capela, who Kyler would report the Celtics have targeted in trade discussions earlier this week, now appears to be Boston’s preference as starting center if they miss out on New Orleans Pelicans forward-center Anthony Davis.

The Houston Rockets have been looking for ways to shake up their roster, and sources have said the Celtics have expressed considerable interest in big man Clint Capela, likely as a fall back if they do not land or aggressively pursue Davis.

Kyler also implies that the Rockets may target the Celtics’ 14th overall pick in return for Capela, with their desire to move up into the top-20 of the 2019 NBA Draft. Boston also holds the 20th overall pick in the upcoming draft and reportedly would like to unload at least one of their first-round picks.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Trading away actual contributing role players for a pick in the 20's that has...what...a 20% chance of being effective? would signal that the Rockets have no interest in competing next season.

No Worries, jcf, giddyup and 3 others like this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, they had Smart for a workout years ago, probably in the other years they had other players out of their range to workout for them, i think they're just doing their due diligence, if a trade happens they know who they want to draft.

Highlyrated likes this.