1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa Doubtful

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, Mar 26, 2019.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Ugggh, Correa already doubtful for opening day. I was ok all along with Marwin leaving, but game 1 is two days away and I sure wish he was still here

2. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

3. CinematicFusion

Man he can’t stay healthy. Hopefully this is no big deal.... Astros always say their injuries are no big deal.
    Correa needs a full healthy season under his belt.

mick fry and The Beard like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

“We don’t think it’s a longterm serious issue,” Astros manager AJ Hinch said, “but I don’t love the fact that we’ve had to scratch him a couple of days and he’s heading into the season having not played for a few days. But it’s the cards we are dealt. If somebody else has to play, then we’ll still be good.”

“There was a rundown where he had a tag and was a little uncomfortable after that,” Hinch said, explaining when the injury occurred on Friday. “He’s taking ground balls. He’s done a lot. He’s hit a little bit in the cage, but I’m not going to play him until he’s ready.”

Well, ****.

****eddy **** **** ****.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

If he has to go on the IL I wonder who they call up. A 13th pitcher (likely Perez or Guduan)? Reed? Either way Diaz will get the SS reps, with White serving as a backup option at 1B or 3B if needed. Also, Kemp can play 2B in a pinch.

In terms of playing SS, I would MUCH rather have Diaz in there than Marwin.

6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I'd MUCH rather have Bregman at SS and Marwin at 3B

Either way, just very disappointing to be starting the season and Correa not fully healthy. We can argue back and forth all we want about our pitching, but it's not going to be as good as last year for the bulk of the season. Sure, Whitley/James could end up being a dominant #3 playoff starter, but last years staff was special.....I've been thinking all along that's ok, cause with Altuve and Correa both healthy all year, and adding Brantley to the lineup, we will have a historically good offense...and it could still happen obviously, but damn!!!

Also watched game 5 highlights again today, Correa's fist pump after the highest home run in history is still my favorite memory of 17

astros123 likes this.
  7. ktex

ktex Member

Not to split hairs but he's questionable. Still sucks. Downhill for him ever since that misguided marriage proposal.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Want to be on record as saying that I am not OK with Marwin leaving. He was a tremendous asset in the clubhouse for the Astros, he will be sorely missed by his teammates.

I don’t know what to say about Carlos right now

PuzzledFan and The Beard like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I think people overrate Marwin outside of his one amazing year.

10. Roc Paint

11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I think Diaz out performs Marwin this year. Diaz's swing is a good fit for MMP. I think he's also a better SS than Marwin at this point and that seems to be important already.

I agree. It's largely sentimental after his contributions in 2017.

12. Roc Paint

My point was he won’t be missed on the field as much as he is going to be missed in the clubhouse

13. Malaya

Malaya Member

Tanielu anyone?

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This is an issue

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Tamiflu doesn't fix stiffness.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep. He was invaluable in 2017 and hit an incredibly huge home run in the world series. He also had one huge month last year when others were struggling. Other than that, his skill is he can play a number of positions passably.

raining threes likes this.
  17. texans1095

texans1095 Member

That Daniella curse is somehow very very real.

raining threes likes this.
  18. right1

right1 Member

Hard to ignore the spring he has put together. For as terrible as Diaz has looked at the plate, Tanielu should have played his way onto the roster. He certainly deserves it. Hopefully Diaz finds his swing because it seems our utility guy could see a lot of action.

19. Buck Turgidson

Tanielu needs to actually do something in the minors before we all crown him as the next whoever.

He had a great AFL 3 years ago, he had a great ST this year...ok, show me you're healthy again and it's not a fluke.

20. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Diaz is way better than tanielu