1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's demeanor in Lakers game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

As everyone knows this man is playing out of the world and clearly regular season MVP but there is one thing about last night that actually got me excited..

There was no cooking motion. When he did that nasty crossover to a dunk he didn't do the nose bleed thing. There was no over the top arguing with the refs even when he did get screwed. None of that. He was on a mission, purely business.

Not only is he growing as a basketball player skill set wise, but he is growing mentally as a true competitor. Not to mention his defense is above average now. I hope he continues to be this locked in.

Keep it up!

luckyman76, Wooderson, B-Bob and 75 others like this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The best thing was when we getting beat down in the first half and he walked over to the bench to talk to them and reign them in that we were down but not out.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah and he was telling them how to beat their zone defense. Shout out to Tucker too though. His defense and effort was outstanding.

luckyman76, D-rock, Nivos and 9 others like this.
  4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The team was visually frustrated in the 1st quarter, and annoyed in the 2nd quarter as well. You can tell that the overall morale was bad. Guys were missing open shots, and when you miss easy shots like that while the other team is scoring at will then it has to be a mood killer. Especially with Kyle Kuzma scoring 30 in the half. You can tell that the guy was feeling himself during that first half.

Harden did his best to compose the team, and I'm positive the team had a very serious talk in the locker room during half time. They composed themselves, and put the first half behind them. No excuses were made. They came out a different team in the second half. If that was me? If I was Harden? I would have quit lmao. But nah, Harden stayed composed through the entire game. He bickered with the referees at times. Typically on some turnovers, but nothing big enough to be a negative Nancy. He did very well as a leader. Him and Tucker led the Rockets to last night's comeback victory. Two dogs.

The best way to TL;DWatch this game is this way: Kuzma had 30 in the first half. He had 2 points for the rest of the game.

payaso, D-rock, waytookrzy079 and 2 others like this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Maybe he just wasn't having fun?

Zboy, Jontro, rockbox and 4 others like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Harden can't be wasting any of his precious energy with such nonsense.

He has his power saving mode set to max.

SF3isBack!!, D-rock, 34to11 and 4 others like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

cP3 nEeDs To ShOw HaRdEn HoW tO hAvE hEaRt!!!

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Someone told him something, or he realized something. Even in the interview right after the game, he wasn't gloating about his historic performance, like he did just a few games ago.

I think it helps his image with the media, the critics, and thus his chances of winning the MVP again.

D-rock, Stormy1234, UTSA2step and 3 others like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Absolute nonsense! He's chasing stats at the expense of wins and it shows in his on-court behavior.

DD

D-rock, Jontro and Game7 like this.
  10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

He watched this

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i keep hearing this on clutchfans and i was sure i saw kuzma scored more than 2 points in the second half

i checked nba.com and it seems i was right

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=3&CFID=&CFPARAMS=&PlayerID=1628398&TeamID=1610612747&GameID=0021800686&ContextMeasure=FGM&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&RangeType=0&StartPeriod=1&EndPeriod=10&StartRange=0&EndRange=31800&section=game&sct=plot

he had at least 6 points in the second half

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Damn.

And this is why I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet even by my trusted ClutchFans brethren.

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

heheh...he scored the 30th pt with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd so it must have felt as a 1st half due to overtime

BamBam likes this.
  14. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Media conspiracy

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That makes one of us

D-rock and DreamQuake like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm loathe to describe Harden as growing mentally when his only comparison is Wilt playing against a bunch of scrawny 6-4 cotton clad guys named Vern and Frank 60 years ago.

Evolving seems like better verbiage here.

B-Bob and ico4498 like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Refresh my memory. How did Harden gloat a few games ago?

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Jh has spoiled rockets fans so much his celebrations, showing compassion, and interviews are under a microscope and close scrutiny

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That was the play of the game rt

Stormy1234 and mac_got_this like this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

A quote from Harden from January 18th:

"I'm tired of not getting the MVP. Yes, I know I won it last year, but what about 2014-15? What about 2016-17? Do you not see what I'm doing right now? Remember when every no-name motherf*cker on the internet was saying "oh, he doesn't play defense, he isn't efficient, he's too selfish, he needs to learn how to be a leader" man, f*ck that.

But now you see, right? Now you see. Clutchfans better start a James Harden is the Real King James thread one of these days. I read it all the time and my username is <redacted>"

i may be paraphrasing here