1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Legler: Kevin Durant and Steph Curry Can't Do What Harden Is Doing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jan 15, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

2. macan

macan Member

my bad, a same thread has been made already. plz delete

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Media finally saying what we have been saying for years, Clutchfans. We are vindicated!

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I saw Legler breakdown a few plays last night on Sportscenter where Harden was able to exploit the defense. I was actually pretty blown away by what he showed. No one has shown anything like this previously. These were tough sets and Harden just blew it up.

It made me respect Harden’s game that much more. I’m not sure a lot of people know just how cerebral James is, he’s an absolute witch.

5. macan

macan Member

we are witnessing greatness, Harden is once in a generational kinda player. casual fans hate on him because they jealous Harden is not on their teams

Rocket_Man_2.0, RyanB, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Man I want jim to end the warriors era so bad, if everyone is healthy come playoff time we might have a shot

dragonwill, Remlap, BMoney and 10 others like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When Legler says he doesn’t know of any player that doesn’t “feel the pressure of the defender on their shooting hand” the way Harden doesn't he is correct.

And that circles back to what I have been saying over and over and over again…..

Harden ENJOYS playing in “tight quarters.” He THRIVES in it. Whereas everyone else tries to get away from that.

It is remarkable.

Harden INVITES players to play close. Harden KNOWS that it makes them susceptible to poor defensive position and fouling.

macan and topfive like this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Last thing to check off is the ring. Whether we can accept that or not, James Harden wont ever be appreciated until he finally has a ring.
    Well then lets go fkn get it.

burlesk likes this.
  9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Look at all the hate in the comments.

Put it this way, if Curry or KD had played for the Rockets for the past 6 seasons, they wouldn't have won a single championship. Put Harden in that Warriors team, they would have blew every team out every single season.

vlaurelio and J Sizzle like this.
  10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

jesus christ, all those comments are ****ing ignorant. people are so clueless

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

And he knows he's strong enough to power through even after a foul. As Bullard is so fond of saying, "3 is better than 2."

12. dje243

dje243 Member

I see no lies

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

they can avg the same amount of points but Curry will get injured before long and KD wont avg as many assists

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Malaya

Malaya Member

Can you post the link?

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It was on TV. I have no link or I’d post it. Might be on YouTube

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Legler is the white kellerman

Game7 likes this.
  17. bongman

bongman Member

What I would like to see is for Nunnaly to thrive in our system. Not only is that great for the team, it highlights beard's ability to make anybody who has an IQ, defend and shoot 3's look like an all star. Maybe humble Danuel a little bit too :p

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden is the 13th dimension. He's on another level in terms of his style of play... he has taken the NBA and the understanding on how to be successfully effective and unstoppable to a higher mental plane.

19. what

what Member

Tim Legler is a straight up hater. I used to doubt James Harden as much as anybody, but I don't anymore. He is the best player in the league. Period.

20. The Point God

The Point God Member

He's the best floor general to come in league since CP3 and 100x better point guard than Steph. Only players that can do something similar are a young cp3 and a young LeBron. That's about it. No one else in league is even comparable to controlling an offence.