1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers going for Zion?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

In the LeBron less bowl they lost to the Cavs. If he is out for another month they might go to the 14th seed. What is the point of bring back LeBron?

LeBron was kicking father times butt for a while, but he is undefeated.

If they get Zion the NBA conspiracies are going to go wild.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

bench harden and beat lakers to zion.

arabrocket and whozee like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

zion would be terrible alongside lebron.

4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Lebron at 4
    zion at 5

New NBA

Draymond.can play the 5

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

stop...

Sajan and CallMeTheDream like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers need to shut down LeBron and tank
    Rockets need to shut down Harden and tank
    ;)

steddinotayto, hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the Lakers are so mediocre it hurts

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  8. KingsFanSince85

Doesn't matter how average the LA LeBron's are w/o #23 -- it'll never stop the Lonzo fanboys from still claiming he's gonna one day be the best PG in the league. They can't even admit that he wouldn't go top 5 in a re-draft.

I'll argue that he just might be the worst of their 1st round draft picks that year. Kuzma is certainly better and Hart might be.

Boy would I love it if the LA LeBron's missed playoffs while my KINGS make it. And they ended up with a draft pick in double-digits. <crossing fingers>

plutoblue11, Swish4fives and Jontro like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

schitt breh, being a kings fan must be rough. talk about loyalty doe.

cheers.

KingsFanSince85 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would love for LAL to win the lottery at #1 just for the meltdowns on twitter. It would be legit fun to do a sentiment analysis of twitter for whatever their hashtag is (#Lakers ?) when that happened.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good thing for them that Fox is awesome. Unfortunately, Bagley over Luka would bother the hell out of me. Having two dynamic playmakers, of different styles, is a good thing. That's what you want.

Every time a Kings org member claims that they didn't want Luka because he would take the ball out of Fox's hands (a claim that should be absurd on its face in light of the successful CP3/Harden pairing), remember that the Kings gave a huuuge contract to high usage black hole Zach LaVine. Clearly, that was not a real concern; clearly, they just ****ed up on their scouting of one of the more obvious great prospects in NBA history.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They might be the worst team in the NBA without LeBron. Randle was their best player last year and they got rid of him.

plutoblue11 and KingsFanSince85 like this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I wonder if this is why Lebron and CP3 decided not to team up when they had the opportunity to do so finally. They knew they wouldnt be able to carry that kind of weight. Imagine them both on the same team collecting $320mm.

plutoblue11 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. KingsFanSince85

Comes with the territory. I'm also a long suffering Miami Dolphins and LA Dodgers fan. So I'm used to my pro teams not winning. My college teams on the other hand kick serious ass. ;)

plutoblue11 likes this.
  15. KingsFanSince85

It bothered me at first. I was quite unhappy as I had championed drafting Luka all Spring. But after some time, I've calmed down and have come to understand the logic behind the Bagley pick. I'm open-minded to the idea that it might work out quite well -- especially considering the break-neck style of play they want to use -- and am giving it due time to play out.

That said, it has been difficult seeing Luka do what he's doing. And if Bagley doesn't become the player he has the potential to become in the next 2-3 years, it will bother the hell out of me then.

But it's far too early to draw conclusions 45 games into a career. I remember back in 2010 thinking the KINGS might have got the right guy in Tyreke Evans after his rookie year. But 2 years later it was clear they missed out on Steph Curry (who I really liked leading up to that draft).

And at this time last year, many were mocking the Fox pick and now 1 year later he has somewhat flipped the narrative. Mitchell and Tatum are still quite good, but Fox has risen to their level.

I agree that passing on Luka for reasons given -- especially in light of trying to sign LaVine (which I was against) -- is hypocritical. There's still a ton of debate on KINGS sites whether Vlade was truly on board with Bagley over Luka or whether it was a Brandon Williams pick. Regardless, after having seen the kid for a few months now -- I do believe he's got the potential to be the player KINGS management says he can be. He's already pretty good and is oozing with athleticism and skill. He truly does have a higher ceiling than Doncic. But he also has higher bust potential.

Having said that, I think Coach K's endorsement speaks volumes:

In the end, it's a feast or famine decision. Right now, a lot of people are damning the choice -- and they might be right. But if MB3 becomes an equally good or better player for the KINGS in their system, a lot of people will need apologize.

#15 KingsFanSince85, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Haymitch likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

you are a fan of other college teams outside of your alma mater? what kind of traitorous monster are you?!

17. KingsFanSince85

Long story. But the short version is, I was head over heels into sports by age 6. So I was already a long time fan of the teams I adopted by the time I attended college. However, I do root for all my alma mater's sports programs -- but they aren't FBS. They are FCS. So there's really no conflict.

Jontro likes this.