1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Realistic/Possible trade scenarios that include CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketMAD, Dec 17, 2018.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

We can't afford a terribly washed-up/glorified Rondo while Harden is in his prime carrying this much of a burden. So, my question is how long would you wait until you start thinking about a trade? Second, what possible pieces do you think the Rockets could get in exchange for Chris Paul and maybe some other assets? Of course, we have to hope he builds up his trade value at some point. A semi-decent shooting guard next to Harden would be deadly. This outdated pass-first/slow-paced ISO style ain't gonna fly.

Moleb and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Paul and Gordon aren't bouncing back and it's getting worrisome. The good news is CP3 is passing well and playing great D, but his offense looks dead.

3. Garner

Garner Member

Why is everyone swearing Pre-Christmas Chris Paul?

The dude will show up in the playoffs. It’s fine.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, personally i think Gordon is also playing good D, but aside for this, while i think Gordon is gone (maybe in few days, maybe at the deadline, maybe next summer), i just don't see us moving Paul for one reason or another, i'd almost say it's not even worth to consider/discuss the scenario.

5. riko

riko Member

Even if you find someone silly enough to take that ludicrous deal Harden will start pouting if you trade his boy who he personally recruited

Mr. Dominant and BigShasta like this.
  6. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Fickle fickle fickle.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

OP ain't just mad; he's BasketMAD.

BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, I really dont like things like this, this guy put all out on the floor last year and yall just wanna throw him away. Yea he's not playing well shooting wise but his defense, passing and his leadership is still there and I STILL believe he will be there when it matters.

10. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I have your solution:

Hou trades:
    CC, EG, CP3, 3 1st rounders

Pels:
    AD, Soloman Hill, Moore

pels will fill the seats with return of CP3, CC is locked up to stay. not getting a bunch of kids who will leave after a couple season like they would with Boston or LA.
    I dont see anyone beating this trade

JoeBarelyCares and RocketsFido like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Pels are not trading AD and if they did they would absolutely not take this deal.

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea because its awful and neither team would ever offer this

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  13. YaoMingsSoulja

Nobody is going to touch that cp3 contract. NOBODY. Dude can barely score 10 pts/game.

GotGame15, BasketMAD and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. Embrace the clutch

Paul gets 9 assist in his sleep and has never been a liability on defense, he is fine. Eric Gordon however needs to come alive.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

As much as I am disappointed with cp3 rn, people need to stop this nonsense, cp3 will not be traded.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Can we trade this awful thread for 5 brand new Big Bum insider scoop threads?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3’s true value is in the playoffs (if he manages not to get injured)

18. rocketseagles07

Facto... just keep him alive until then. Nobody is touching that contract... morey knee what he was getting into. If we somehow can contend the next 2 years with him it will be worth it.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

$65,298,376 = What the Rockets are paying Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Brandon Knight, Michael Carter-Williams :eek:

BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

If you are thinking about realistic scenarios, we will have to talk at least a year from now.
    Knowing Morey he may think he can pay to get rif of the contract if it gets to that, but there is not enough picks to convince a team to get a SuperMax into their books for a older star.

I say we ride it this year, and pray a desperate owner pulls the trigger eventually.

GotGame15 likes this.