1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now what are Morey's FINAL summer moves?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Aug 13, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Okay, Melo finally signed. Done.

In my mind, out biggest remaining needs are:

1. 3&D wing, emphasis on the defensive part

2. Experienced backup PG

3. Backup center who's not injury-prone and not named Tarik

If Murray could someone dump Ryno to and make these three things happen, it will have been an A-grade summer.

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Ryno, Melton, Joe Cheese and 1st for Jimmy Buckets then call it a day.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

they may be done as far as significant moves at this point before the season begins. But by the trade deadline, I think another move for a wing will be done depending on how ennis fits and role of melo as this team finds its identity. Also its tough to find an experienced pg willing to just sit on the bench since there isn't a true role vacant here. Hartenstein looks like he's going to take that Tariq Black role as 3rd center?

da_juice likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That photo with Ryan Anderson drowning....man!

5. theimpossibles1

Came here to post this.

We add Jimmy Buckets and we should be odds on favorites.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's get the band back together
    J Lin

Dankstronaut likes this.
  7. jogo

jogo Member

I've been hoping for a big trade here but I'm starting to think we're staying pat until the trade deadline. (Okay-maybe minor moves for a backup C or SF/PF.)

1) We have MCW as a backup PG in case of injury. He may not be great but he probably won't get much playing time anyway.
    2) Ennis' stats look much better as a starter than off the bench. Didn't Bzdelik have him at Memphis? I think he may be good enough to start at SF.
    3) Melo's stats are greatly improved if he doesn't play too many minutes. Keep him at 25-28 min and his numbers may look really good this year.
    4) We'll get more for Anderson at the trade deadline. I think that's a bigger factor than some people think.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Forgot one:

4. Keep Harden out of the buffet line AND out of jail.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When Harden goes to a buffet he orders off the menu.. just like Chuck Norris.

hakeem94 and Wommy like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

OP list:
    1) 3 & D Wing
    2) Backup experienced point guard
    3) Backup Center

Dump Ryan Anderson.

4) Buffet Line

1) & 3)..........trade of Ryan Anderson/Nene x Bazemore/Dedmon
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya4rfmw5

2) Not needed as much with Melo Posting Up/ Iso facets of game. GG or Melton can play the role of Beverley bringing
    up the ball and passing it to Melo on the blocks. Because of switching defenses even the Warriors had to go to iso
    against the Rockets predominantly. Melton and/or GG can stand at the 3-pt line as spot up shooters as PG. Fear of CP3 getting hurt and need for backup point guard with experience should be less. IMO.

Dump Ryan... see above #’s 1) & 3).......since Melo May be coming off the bench, elevates Tucker to starting PF. Need for additional SF might be needed. Bazemore and James Ennis can fight for starting role.

4) Keep feeding Harden buckets instead......keep working out.

Starters.....................1st five min subs.............2nd substitutes
    CP3.................................Eric Gordon...........................CP3
    Harden...........................Harden..................................Eric Gordon
    Bazemore......................Bazemore.............................James Ennis
    Tucker............................Tucker...................................Melo (starts or backup.....will get good playing time if playing well).
    Capela.............................Capela..................................Dedmon (can shoot 3’s.....50/141 last year for 35.5%)

Throw in Melton/ GG/ Qi/ Hartenstein/ Gary Clark/ V Edwards against sub-500 teams. Perhaps MCW makes the team.

#10 ApacheWarrior, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I’m hoping DM can strike a deal with Miami and snag James Johnson.
    A lineup of

• Chris Paul
    • James Harden
    • PJ Tucker
    • James Johnson
    • Clint Capela

Would be the nastiest defense in the league.
    Mix this in with an even better bench mob.

• Eric Gordon
    • Gerald Green
    • James Ennis
    • Carmelo Anthony
    • Nene

Backup- backups:

• De’anthony Melton
    • Michael Carter-Williams

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Morey's got summer moves for days

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  13. penny1magic

penny1magic Member

I honestly think we should stand pat..B Wright healthy add him..but i think we ride with what we got..

Ryan has gotten that crap end of the treatment here. I like him yea he has his liability but he is a good post defender gets good position and when confident he can be deadly.. Assuming ennis starts imagine a lineup of mcw/ paul with Gordon, green, Anthony and Ryan deadly...might as well keep ryan around improve his value or get him confident. Yea he got lit up by Stephanie it happens but for the most part when he was engaged in the rotation he did a good job.. I really believe its all confidence with him..in orlando he rebounded offensively great in new Orleans he killed us with the 3 or the post fade, we just all gotta believe. Im in the non popular group that says KEEP RYAN ANDERSON..

And develop Melton.. Mcw is really underrated i know he will be a great fit defensively for us when getting playing time..

#13 penny1magic, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

16. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

I don't think even Morey knows what he is going yo do until he does it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Trade Ryno for legal steroids.

amaru likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Why the f%#k did BJ leave my king exposed like that?"

19. rammo

rammo Member

Would be funny if there was a “James Buckets” ballin’ out in the Slovakian league or somewhere remote and we signed him.

Dacamel and Red Chocolate like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not going to want to stand pat until the trade deadline. MDA is going to want to be able to integrate everyone that will play a big role on ASAP.

The only way you see Anderson still on the roster past October is if there are no possible reasonable trades.

As for what else Morey does this summer? My guess is he orders one of those Whataburger patty melts he loves or maybe a chili cheese dog from Sonic.

rhee, MarioKissoDeath, Deuce and 5 others like this.