1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Ryan Anderson could cost the Rockets over $100M next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This Ryan Anderson issue has become a serious tragedy for us in these playoffs.

20 million dollar man can't get minutes on a team that sorely needed his #1 skill. Embarrassing, imagine what our chances would have looked like against the Warriors with that money spent more wisely.

Jontro, amaru, ak99999 and 9 others like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ryan Anderson. The gift that keeps on giving.

Can't wait to get rid of this guy.

Sajan, amaru, ak99999 and 6 others like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just my opinion, but all of these scenarios make pretty big assumptions. I think it's very unlikely the Rockets do all of the following: Max Paul at full max dollars, max Capela and pay Ariza market rate.

I just don't see all three of those happening. I feel like if one or two of them happen then by necessity the third won't happen.

Also think moving Anderson is "easy" in the sense that they are either going to pay a team to absorb him or they will stretch him. (Assuming they decide they want to save the dollars)

Why not? likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe Ryno will get a Dream and have a Come to Jesus moment.

Isn't that called a Hail Mary?

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just such a disappointment that Anderson has turned into such a bum. It was a bad contract from the beginning, but at least he was playable and contributing. Really the worst case scenario here.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This after costing us a championship this season.

[​IMG]

I want to smack every single person that ever defended Ryan Anderson on this forum.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't regret defending this bum during the regular season, but to literally not contribute when we r down players on our most important game or even during playoffs is just disgusting. He alongside stupid ass foster might have denied our best chance of getting a ring. We for sure not getting it next year with Anderson stupid ass contract.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tillman probably thinking what's even the point? spend all this money so in the end silver can just send marc davis, foster brothers, mauer malloy? he'd be better off going the donald sterling route and just collecting the revenue sharing with a perennial lottery team

Tomstro, B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson could cost the Rockets over 1.2 million dollars each game of the regular season for him to sit on the bench and do nothing.

Ryan Anderson would also get paid about 250,000 dollars for each game while he sits on the bench and does nothing.

As big of a freeloader as you are ever going to come across.

Where is Donald Trump?!

slothy420 and Nick_713 like this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey's biggest mistake.

Jontro, saleem, GotGame15 and 7 others like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Haters can get their wish and stockpile picks

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Ryno defenders has lost all their rights to complain about anything

lw17 and Rocket River like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If I like the original post, does this mean I like the fact that Ryan Anderson is going to continue to kill the team?

What am I liking here?

Help.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I think Morey will be able to get creative but worst case scenario couldn't you just Amnesty Anderson?

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

words can’t describe how much I hate Ryno...we had 20 mil just chilling with courtside seats for every playoff game

20 mil could get u 1 very good player, 2-3 really useful rotation players, etc...it got us a benchwarmer and extra body in practice...

17. hakeemthagreat

I need the names of the idiots that posted MDA should "give Anderson a shot" in game 6 & 7. They need to be exposed

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

In fairness to Ryan Anderson, the "as much as $80 million in luxury taxes" is not directly attributable to HIS salary. That's just what the luxury tax would be -- under the specific scenario that Clutch spells out -- on the LAST $20 million in team salary. The luxury taxes on the Rockets' roster under this scenario will start at 150% and end with a highest marginal rate of 525%!

For instance, if we instead use the $122,741 dead cap hit for Troy Williams in this same scenario, the luxury tax bill on that amount would be a whopping $644,390 (well more than the entire contract they gave Brandan Wright when they cut Williams).

saleem, Easy and Vivi like this.
  20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This take makes no sense. I get it if you simply want to reiterate that you think Ryan Anderson is bad at basketball and should not have played in last night's game. But why does the amount of money he will cost the Rockets next season have anything to do with whether or not Mike D'Antoni should have let him play in a game when there were only 14 people in the entire world eligible to play for him?