1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman: Rockets Won By Playing Historic Defense!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 25, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stephen A:
    "The Warriors blew it. Absolutely no question in my mind. I'm not taking any credit away from the Rockets."

[​IMG]

Hate the way people are taking credit away from the Rockets and try to act like they aren't.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

In MAX KELLERMAN, WE TRUST

Time to create a statue of him outside TC

Fulgore likes this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Max should have front row seats to the next Rockets home game

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

When you doubted, Max Kellerman kept the faith.

ReignSupreme likes this.
  6. macan

macan Member

you can't beat a Max Kellerman thread after a Rokcets win!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Kellerman have a little Bell's Palsy going on his left side (mouth)? Has it always not moved as much as the right side? I never noticed before.

8. vince

vince Member

Winning it!!! They Warriors are being pushed and their swagger isn’t scarring the Rockets.

bilaal14 likes this.
  9. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

The "A." in Stephen A Smith's named stands for "Apologist".

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He won’t allow it, religious beliefs. Will have to be a statue of his suit.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I keep wondering when one of these close games are finally going to be one that the Rockets won, instead of one the Warriors lost.

Stephen A and the rest of the media seem to think that they keep beating themselves but it looks as though it's the other way around. As Max alluded to our defense has been top notch these past two playoff games.

What a buncha blow-hards.

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Yeah, I can understand the narrative that the Warriors are blowing it only from the stand point that they have 4 All NBA level players, but the past two games have shown that the Rockets have really taken it to them. They have held them under a hundred points two straight games and if it wasn’t for poor shooting by the Rockets in game 5 would have won by 15 plus. Fact is through 5 games the Rockets have forced the Warriors into playing Iso which is really not their strong suit. Klay’s ball handling is more or less on par with Ariza, and while Steph can do a lot of pretty things with his dribbling hes def not at an elite one on one player. KD who is their best one on one player has been forced to iso and score said in the past that he chose the Warriors bc he doesnt want the pressure of being a leader and just wants to have fun. Well because the Rockets’ defense is forcing him to carry the team, he is once again showing his mental weakness. As much as I criticize Russ, I gotta be happy for him right now. Bottom line, If CP3 can play game 6 this series will be over in Oakland.

#12 Elephant810, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  13. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

It'd be hilarious if we pull off a reverse game 6 and beat them despite missing CP3 and them having Iggy back. I wonder what will be the excuses then.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed with max . Sure it can look like the warriors are blowing it by not making shots and decisions that they normally/ should make .

But it's because our poise and focus has been above theirs . We are the mentally tougher team .

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Stephen A Smith loves the Chris Paul Shimmy!

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member