1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is 790 bashing James harden ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 24, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He had a subpar offensive game ... I get it .

But you can't question his effort and defense tonight . Also , it's not like he didn't contribute . When he came in for the 4th he attacked the basket strongly and got to the line . He also made the right pass to E.G. .

His shot will bounce back .

2. Wylo

Wylo Member

Winning this game saved Harden's career big time. This loss could've incurred worse damage to Harden's reputation than last year's Spurs series. I mean, Harden literally broke the record with the most missed threes in a playoff game, smh.

napalm06, lw17, da_juice and 12 others like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Because they asshats

Rocket River

rocketstrike, BigM, Tfor3 and 15 others like this.
  4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Cause he sucked? This happened many many times before....i dont blame them one bit.

5. xaos

xaos Member

Turn it off and enjoy this amazing moment as a Rockets fan

BMoney, Tfor3, adw and 12 others like this.
  6. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Because he's the MVP and is not playing like one. It's moments like these where he has the opportunity to shut the media up but doesn't.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a critic of Harden, but it comes from a place of wanting his legacy to be great as a Houston Rocket. I feel bad that this dude can't win, even when he wins.. Harden is going full out on defense when it matters.. That is so far from the norm he should be recognized for it.

lw17, da_juice, BigM and 30 others like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Being the MVP is doing what it takes to win . He made the right plays down the stretch and chose to trust in his team and devote his energy to D

Blurr#7, RoxBro, dawesome and 17 others like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

@Lovemachine2000 come tell these guys why Harden is trash and we should trade him for Klay Tomasson.

Killatron 2000, D-rock and Mazulis like this.
  10. threepointshot3

When you are a mvp and top 5 player the bar is set high tonight he was great on defense but 5-21 is inexcusable

Carr Bombed likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I did , but what else am I gonna listen to on the way home lol ?

12. smp

smp Member

His shooting was terrible but he played solid defense. He made his free throws. Had some nice assists too. The disappointment comes from knowing how great he can be. He isn't living up to his potential right now.

Missing 18 threes in a row is brutal but that just means he's going to hit 15 in a row to average out the numbers.

We could always see if OKC will trade Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb back to us for Harden.

lw17 and Patience like this.
  13. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

Harden Played like ASS. He played good defense so I will forgive him for 0-11 from the 3point line. I am so freaking worried about cp3 injury. I don’t think I can sleep tonight. Harden Will bounce back. He is due for a big game soon.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We are up 3-2 on a GOAT team and people are complaining

There is no other way too put it. Our fans are garbage..just absolutely pathetic fans.

da_juice, BigM, Emtenndo and 11 others like this.
  16. Wylo

Wylo Member

Unfortunately, Harden laying stinky feces on the court in a live-or-die playoff game is not out of his norm. Actually, it's pretty much what's expected from him considering his past, and it's so sad that it's gotten this predictable. If it's a really important game in the playoffs, there's a 80+% chance that Harden will suck. It is what it is.

17. Lovemachine2000

Harden had a wack game on offense, and you are quite childish.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree, people are blowing out of proportion how badly James played... He missed a lot of shots that are right in his repertoire tonight, and I think some of it was just bad luck, and some of it was just how much energy he spent on defense.

At least unlike a guy like Westbrook, he knew when to just not shoot and give it up to teammates.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Come on, Defense, Chris and Eric won the game. JH did on one end. Give him a C minus.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's excusable when you win.. None of this will matter when he finally shows up on offense

Harden got 40+ game 1.. Played a traditional MVP game (got absolutely roasted on defense) and the Rockets lost. Harden has been playing defense and has been arguably more valuable to the team than his offense.

in the last 2 absolutely ugly, brutal WINS, the defense has been key. When Harden shows up defensively, I think it makes everyone want to hustle harder.