1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Around the Horn: Rockets' small lineup vs. Warriors' 'Death Lineup'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 20, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

No credit to rockets

Just turrible

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Let’s kick them in the teeth again tonight, and then let’s see what these people are saying.

4. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I guess even if we play our asses off and beat the Warriors in this series, ultimately it will all be because THEY didn't play well or THEY were their own worst enemy. I'm sick of this crap. We weren't even picked to be in the top 3 in the West and we are 3 wins from the NBA Finals and so far have been a challenge for Golden State. Our players and coaches have busted their butts for MONTHS with a common goal and I hate that the national narrative will always be that it was their failure, not months of hard work by the Rockets.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Funny thing is the same 'gs is it's own enemy' argument applies to Houston also. Game 1 GS played as well as possible and it was close until the waning minutes. We played crappy still found a way to stay within striking distance.

I think the Tuckwagon runs over them boys again today.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Winnung by 28 points when the Starters gave up with 5 mins to go and no credit.

It seems the national media has no goal the Rockets can cross to deserve credit.

ghettocheeze, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

****** ramona is such a dummy. "they don't have a shot" --"Steph curry's knees and ankles...they can't keep focusing on him!!!"

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

“The Warriors didn’t care about these games cause the Rockets don’t matter. Yea, I mean... they lost, but they just didn’t try so it’s not like they really ‘lost’ lost. They just lost cause James Harden and Chris Paul are chokers so no need to to really take them seriously. Totally understandable from a team as great and completely unbeatable as the Warriors to lose from not caring cause the competition was so weak. Houston will choke against the [Cavs/Celtics] so it will be like the Warriors won anyway”

:rolleyes:

9. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

3=====D~~~~

It's like they're all jerking off Warrior fans underneath the table. Look, Steph sucked on the defense against Harden and CP3 in the regular season. He's showing the same amount of suck this playoffs. Yea, he may actually be injured, but that's uncertain. What is certain is that our switching defense has required them to play out of their skin while we're playing on par with our regular season successes.

Steph and Klay have to hit shots or we have to shoot ourselves in the foot. Outside of that, this isn't some 6 game done deal. And so far, the fact that the Warriors have had to play outside of what made them successful favors us, especially when the forced change has to happen in the playoffs.

I hope we win. I'll be tweeting all these tools to remind them that they better ice the bruise at the backside of their esophagus.

10. macan

macan Member

99.9% of media has already written us off, it will make our victory so much sweeter than ever.
    Max Kellerman is the 0.01% that's still believe in us:)

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm looking forward to coming back to his thread and watching this video again and laughing at how wrong the "experts'" predictions were

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not just fat, fugly and ignorant AF too.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Love it. "Game 2 loss was no big deal, Dubs got the next one for sure, easy." I hope everyone on their roster is buying it.

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Yeah they're a bunch of morons, but beating the Warriors will make me forget any of these idiots ever existed. Zero f***s.

15. jsingles

jsingles Member

Fatmona "Warriors same as they've been all year"

So, worse than the Rockets? I fully support those with disabilities being given a platform to spout their opinion, as hilarious as it sometimes is. But on ATH?

D-rock likes this.
  16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

They'll say GSW did x-y-z wrong, and will say "even tho GSW lost game 2 and 3, i still think GSW will either sweep or win in 5"

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

*** these MOFOs.

In closing I would like to add -*** these MOFOs

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

That is one of the most delusional and uninformed segments I have ever witnessed. We could lose both in Oakland, but their commentary is still meaningless.

I don't even know at this point if I want the Rockets to win more because I'm a diehard Rockets fan for 25 years, or if I just want to see GSW and ESPN shut up.

Go Rockets!

Harrisment likes this.
  19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the warriors death lineup outscored the pelicans by 54 points in 54 minutes.

the rockets outscored the death lineup by 16 points in 39 minutes in the first 2 games of this series.

do you even small lineup bro?

#19 smoothie, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    DonKnock, ghettocheeze and Houstunna like this.
  20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I like how Plaschke makes a deal about how Curry is the primary defender on SO MANY plays, yet no one seems to make the connection that maybe, just maybe, it's because the Rockets are forcing the matchup with screens to exploit the switches. Instead you get MacMullen's dumba** trying and failing to make witty headlines and the rest of the echo chamber nodding along like a bunch of bobbleheads and parroting "all about Curry *SQAWK* all about Curry."

DonKnock and Houstunna like this.