1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D’Antoni: The rotations are what they are!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 22, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

In other words: Gerald is out unless someone is really not doing their job...knew he was stubborn, but he just exposed himself as very rigid. Is he stuck in his ways? He could’ve even give us a little hope. It only took one game for his true colours to show.

Thanks @J.R. for the transcript.

AmbitiousAbe, dcfma, Bo6 and 18 others like this.
  2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Are you trying to suggest he might be "sturdy" :p

But yeah, this is a bit overly stubborn there was easily a period of time where throwing him in for 5 mins might have helped inject a bit of something into the offense considering we were dead in the water for a stretch during the 3rd quarter.

dcfma, Bo6, slothy420 and 10 others like this.
  3. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

sigh he's the coach & we're winning, but it's stubborn asf. Green can easily take a couple of mins away from Ryno

MghtyPtrck, Moleb, dcfma and 18 others like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Like I said in another thread , I can't rag on him too hard tonight . Close game , no one really played too much . Thought his 4th quarter strategy was fine ... If there was a time to play green , it was before that .

BUT , if he doesn't play Gerald when we are up big , or if Eric / Ryan struggle from the floor again .... Then he's a fool .

Green came in off the street and hustled and earned his minutes . He's a chucker at times but so is EG

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Maybe he didn’t play because his defense isn’t that great and it was a close game or because of match ups.
    We might see him next game though. Maybe against teams that don’t defense the 3 like Miami does.
    If he had play he could have shot contesteded 3s. We already had Gordon shooting those. We couldn’t afford bricking more :p. Hopefully Ericks shot gets back. I prefer him getting it back after the All Star break. Last year he lost his touch after it. Now he light get it after it.

D-rock, bilaal14 and BigShasta like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Defense is locked in and playing too many guys can screw that up.

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Jesus we're back guys. Most of the team is healthy and there will be lots of garbage time coming up. I'm sure we'll see plenty of Green just not when it matters unless there's an injury.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Rockets need greens offense to take some of the scoring load off harden, cp3, Gordon.

We already got too many 3 and D role players that can’t drive to the basket.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What's a hypothetical 10-man rotation that also keeps Paul or Harden on the floor for all 48 minutes?

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

You'd think a credible three point shooter who can slash to the rim would be a welcome addition to the rotation in Dan Tony's system.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The defense was pretty solid after the first quarter. I can't blame him for sticking with what was working. He probably figured the offense would eventually come around which it did.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

^ this

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"Better make hay while you're in there because someone is always coming right behind you"

[Eric Gordon shoots 0-100 on 3 pointers; Green doesn't get 1 minute.*]

[*yes, Eric still attacked the rim and played OK overall. You get my point.]

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jalen Rose experienced this when he was with the Suns. He knew MDA wasn't going to play him no matter the game situation. He said he wouldn't even be in full uniform under his team sweats half the time and that he would go hard in practice to keep in shape. Green could contribute in this way and avoid any saltiness.

A 9 man rotation is 1 more than he apparently had with the Suns. It's his style and I don't think it is a bad thing.

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

In other words we will see him in garbage time because he’s not in the rotation....

OTMax likes this.
  16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think we're going to find that his rotation is not subject to change based on game situation. The only thing that will change it is injury.

FANfrom86toNow and OTMax like this.
  17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

One of the main reasons am advocating to play Green not only because he score in bunches but it would also reduce Harden's and Paul's minutes which is highly needed, it what it is, he is the coach but that is highly stubborn and stupid.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not the point. The point is you’d figure he would at least ‘try’ to play 10 guys regularly. He basically came out saying that he’s not even gonna do that and whatever hope he gave to Green was just taken away within 24 hours.

roxallways, adw and DonKnock like this.
  19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

yeah I don't think he's in the rotation

Could be it was the defense angle for tonight but I don't think so

I guess we'll find out soon enough but regardless, I'm ok whichever way he goes.

My beef was when we had injuries and he would run 7 man rotation. That was terrible.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Hello tired Harden and probably an injured CP3 come playoff time. MDA is a fool