1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mightybosstone, Nov 4, 2017.

1. mightybosstone

So I realize that Lebron is probably the most polarizing athlete in the league and has been for quite some time, and on ClutchFans, I'm probably in the minority of fans who just absolutely love the guy. But whether you love him or hate him, it's worth taking some time every once in a while to appreciate him as a player and what he's done for the league in his career.

I bring this up because he put up a ridiculous 57 points on 23-34 shooting last night and also managed to become the youngest player to get to 29,000 points in NBA history, surpassing Kobe's mark. If you haven't caught the highlights yet, you should go find them right now. He was just unreal, hitting half a dozen turnaround or fade-away jumpers, exploding in transition and hitting contested 20 footers.

At 33, it's hard to know how much longer he'll play in the league.He'll probably play until he passes Kareem's mark (which I'd absolutely bet on him accomplishing) and any other major career accomplishment within his reach, and maybe he'll get another ring or two along the way. But I think we absolutely take him for granted as fans sometimes, especially since he doesn't play for the Rockets. Whether it's five years from now or 10 years from now, we'll turn on the NBA someday and Lebron won't be a part of it, and we should appreciate moments like this while we still can.

BigggReddd, bumbum09 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron fan here.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I love LeBron
    except when he playing the Rockets

Rocket River

rm365, YaoMing#1 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun love the guy like I am used to but still fun to watch player. Swiss army knife kind of brawny tank.

And much more likable than Durant for now.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've always thought mergady got the best of lerbon when he was with the rockets. i don't like lerbon by any means, but I've stopped hating him... probably more like i don't care anymore. I do appreciate him for getting in the way of a warriors threepeat.

6. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Most complete player of our generation, and in recent years I've fallen in love with him for taking down the Larriors

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I love Lebron, i’m happy I witnessed a top 3 player ever.

rm365 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here, in the end, the only thing i don't like when i think about Lebron is the decision, imo, he shouldn't have done that since he was leaving Cleveland, i get that his camp, sponsors and media were pushing hard for that **** but still...anyway, other than that what can i say, i think you can find at least one reason to dislike if not to hate other superstars (hi Durant) so...overall i'm ok with Lebron, and yeah, it's great as a basketball fan to be able to watch the best player in the world after the Hakeem/Jordan era.

9. eslate22

eslate22 Member

it’s still unreal how he lead that 06-07 cavs team to the finals.... that team was hot garbage

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Overrated. Big time choke artist.

SIL

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Lebron is the GOAT. Now it's Curry. Next up is Lonzo #BBB.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Congratulations on Lebron congratulating himself. I will never fully respect a person who is that full of himself.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Quite possibly the biggest LeBron nutsack rider in the world right here. It's just unreal what this man has been able to accomplish, and to call him anything less than a Top 2 Player Ever (He's the Goat IMO) is beyond insulting

mightybosstone likes this.
  15. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I'll appreciate him even more if he comes to Houston.

HRox832 likes this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Congrats, you are first on my ignore list. Your trolling is insufferable.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This guy wants someone to hold his beer...
    [​IMG]

BigggReddd likes this.
  18. mightybosstone

If he plays five more years, he's almost certainly going to surpass Kareem's career points mark. If he plays 6-7 more years, he's going to obliterate it.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

When exactly did this happen?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congratulated himself before the game yesterday on 30K. :D