1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden making Drew league debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This may be unpopular but I just think it's crazy that we are going to pay him $228 million dollars to play basketball and he just goes out and does it for free with some amateurs... idk just seems risky.

3. Coach E

Coach E Member

Super unpopular.

Light it up James

Von Rafer, BigMaloe, Why not? and 4 others like this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

the greats build their games over the summer in places like the fonde and in the drew league. They work on new moves, focus on specific areas. It's greatly beneficial when you have a gym rat that loves the sport.

BigggReddd, Remlap, amaru and 9 others like this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

You ever heard of the term "offseason"... well if you havent... that is the time when players get ready for the season.... making sure they are at playing weight, getting better by playing and fine tuning their craft.... that means staying in the gym as much as they can and getting in the court time neccessary to make sure they are ready for the season.

Ofcourse there is a risk of getting hurt.... but that risk is everywhere.... at the club, at home, popping firecrackers, riding a motorcycle, etc... you get the drift. Just relax. Hope for the best!

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He could get injured(God forbid) during practice. So I guess it's all right for him to play in the Drew League.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Its the best way to stay fit in the offseason, the best shape is game shape. People that play sports understand this.

Why do you think owners can afford to pay these great athletes supermax deals? Solely because of said players driving the revenue of the league.

These owners earn hundreds of millions to billions annually because of the superstars of the NBA/NFL/MLB etc. These guys deserves more than what they're getting beyond the supermax.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So now whe **** on him for wanting to hoop. He isn't without faults but this isn't one.

feelgoodjones likes this.
  9. craguin

craguin Member

#9 craguin, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    don grahamleone and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm not saying he shouldn't do it I mean he can do what he wants and sure I'm glad he's putting in work. I just think it's insane to run with these amateurs that have nothing to lose.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol haters gonna hate

U act like harden is the first pro player who has played in the drew or fonde leauge

DonKnock and Blurr#7 like this.
  12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean honestly if he went out and tore his Achilles playing with these guys you all know the board would melt... sure there is risk in everything but I'm just surprised this has never been discussed.

I mean I don't think any NBA Star has ever been injured in drew league but I wonder what the reaction would be if it did happen... especially when we just gave him a mega deal and are mortgaging our future on him.

Anyways can't wait to see him put up 50 on some scrubs!

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No im just saying what happens when he or who ever else goes down in one of these games? People have already had this conversation about the Olympics and other international play when Paul George snapped his leg but I'm all down for that since it actually means something.

14. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Only cupcakes are afraid to play summer ball... see KD Team USA after PG13 injury.
    Drew league is a fun time for these guys can't wait for another epic Harden/Nick Young battle.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

And let's not forget just two months ago James seemed really beat up... he couldn't show up for game 6 but I'm sure he will show out vs Guys like Swaggy P and a 40 year old Baron Davis.

stefanb and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

How in the hell do you think BASKETBALL players stay in shape and "work" on their games?? He's a damn basketball player.....BASKETBALL is second nature to him/them. This is the equivalent of you taking a ****....easy. The drew league competition is good enough for them to get sweat and easy enough for them to try the new parts of their games. This is what they ALL do in the offseason lolol basketball players play basketball. They are not cattle man

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hes a basketball player. He stays in shape and keeps his skills up by practicing.

Drew league isnt a league with complete randos who play dirty. Its known to be a safe spot for nba players in the summer where the play isnt that physical and injuries hardly occur.

Would you rather him eat pizza rolls and play xbox all summer?

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They don't play defense in the Drew League. Harden isn't going 100%

DonKnock, BigMaloe, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

There are a million different ways players can injure themselves in the offseason. Should James just avoid basketball activity altogether and wrap himself in bubble wrap?

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You can tear an achilles jogging. You can get seriously injured in a car accident.

Not a fan of telling bball players to not play bball or stay active. They got to this point by playing and practicing. Melo and kyrie were playing pickup ball recently.

If you are world class at basketball then its probably your favorite thing to do in life. What else would they be doing?

Gotta take the good with the bad. You dont want to get a guy who has all the physical tooks in a sport but hates practicing and playing. Those guys are usually busts who arent passionate about bball.